Author Topic: Wait. What?  (Read 1214 times)

Lilburner

Wait. What?
« on: February 15, 2019, 01:04:42 PM »
I love lists and always check out the prepper lists on my Google feed. Even the "beginner" ones often have a hidden gem. Saw one today that was pretty basic and uninspired, but contained this interesting bit.

3. Buy A Year’s Worth Of Food – You’ll about 750 pounds of food per person per day.

Uh... I'm a big guy, but that would challenge even me.

Source: https://urbansurvivalsite.com/things-new-prepper-should-do/
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

RevJammer

Re: Wait. What?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2019, 07:22:23 PM »
I have recently "found" Bear Independent on YouTube.  I saw this on one of his videos...  I think he said 750 lbs per year.

His is one of those feeds that I find good information almost accidentally.  He's a little quirky and different, but does seem to be "real".  But who knows... it's the internet!

RJ

John Galt 1

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2019, 10:09:36 PM »
We figure 2000 calories per day per person.       Wearing one of those Fitbit calorie counters working hard we've found that to be a good number.     The women tend to be around 1600 calories per day and the guys about 2600 calories a day when working hard.

I guess the weight of that 2000 calories might be 750 lbs a year but it really would depend on what foods you're prepping I guess.     
 Lilburner,     You're about twice my size so you may need to stock 1500 lbs of food.
Talk is cheap, Actions count.

Lilburner

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2019, 06:37:54 PM »
They've since corrected one of the two mistakes in that sentence.
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal