Author Topic: prepper land 25.74 acres with gas well free supply of gas ! near Jellico TN $99k  (Read 1942 times)

akafireball

Hi fellow Preppers ,
my name is Mike ,
I have for sale, a dream off grid living / prepping parcel of land I'd like to sell ...
I own 25.74 acres between Oneida, TN and Jellico, TN; the land is 30mi from Royal Blue riding park and boarders aprox 1500 acres of timber company land which is free to hunt on by adjoining property owners.The property is partially open pasture on 4 adjacent tracts. There is a stream and a spring onsite with clean mountain water, the property is unrestricted, there is also good gravel road access, lastly; most valuable to me, it has a gas well which I purchased out right from the oil company, so I own the well and have a free supply of natural gas on the property , perfect for off grid living, I have all the paper work on the well, it has never been pumped; I wanted to build an off grid retreat there some day but my plans have changed.
I'm going to purchase land in SC where I now live instead, I'm looking to get $99,000 for the property .

I got a great deal on the property and worked out purchasing the well from the oil company so the land its ready for you to build on ...

I am reluctantly ready to pass this ideal off grid property along to the next owner ...

Serious inquiries ONLY appreciated...

Please PM me and I or my associate (Paul), if I'm unavailable, will get back to you ASAP

Thank you and God bless

Lilburner

But for the location, I'm jealous.

I think a natural gas pump is the absolute best resource you can have. Solar is OK. Hydro is better. CNG is the absolute best. Not only can you power your house and structures, but your vehicles and equipment as well. Plus you can use superior CNG appliances.

This property should pay for itself starting with not having to drop $25-$35K for off-grid power - whole house generators start at about 2K.

A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

ProGeek

I'm always in the market, so I did some research. I found his ad on CraigsList, same as posted here. No MLS listing I could find. The area is very remote for sure. Love the gas well, but the asking price is twice what similar properties in the area are listed for on MLS. Average for the area is cheep, $1500 to $2500 per acre. So the well is really costing you. One issue if you want to put in a water well is you could hit gas. Nothing like fire water. :)

https://charlotte.craigslist.org/reo/d/oneida-25-acres-off-grid-living/6797178216.html
If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.

SS-Preppers

I sure would do a bunch of soil samples as well.  Also, energy companies are not ones to give up wells unless the are contaminated or not reproducing. 

Lilburner

It's fairly common in that part of the country for the providers to give landowners wells with an unlimited supply of natural gas in return for, say, letting them run a pipeline through the land.

I'm by no means an expert, and I don't know the difference between ownership and a lease. Someone on the SEPN chat the other night said that leases were unlimited to original owners, but that subsequent owners had capped use. The ownership of the well might transfer unlimited use.

As to the value, if I had the opportunity to go back and do it over again, I'd probably pay double for my land if it came with an unlimited energy source for life. I literally can't think of anything that adds value to land more.
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

Lilburner

I think my main area of research and concern would be the longevity of the well. If it were to run dry or the owner of the pipeline decided it was tapped out and turned it off, all that value would be gone. Conversely, it could go for generations.
~ Daniel Webster

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal