Author Topic: Chronic Wasting Disease  (Read 3761 times)

Country Singer

Chronic Wasting Disease
« on: March 01, 2019, 05:19:29 PM »
Chronic Wasting Disease is essentially "Mad Cow Disease" in deer.  While it has not (yet) appeared in Georgia, there is an outbreak in North Mississippi and West Tennessee.
“Our country demands all our strength, all our energies. To resist the powerful combination now forming against us will require every man at his place.
If victorious, we will have everything to hope for in the future. If defeated, nothing will be left for us to live for.”

Starlady

Re: Chronic Wasting Disease
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2019, 05:40:08 PM »
Well, crap!   

There's also something new going on with ducks, geese & possible turkeys out west.  Not any avian flu known, not a flu at all.  The report I read yesterday tried to imply it was a similar prion-type disease, although extremely fast acting.  I think on that part they were just trying to stir up emotions, the docs quoted really didn't have a clue.
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein

Country Singer

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2019, 04:44:59 PM »
“Our country demands all our strength, all our energies. To resist the powerful combination now forming against us will require every man at his place.
If victorious, we will have everything to hope for in the future. If defeated, nothing will be left for us to live for.”

Starlady

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2019, 06:44:19 PM »
Man, if bad things happen, that's gonna kill some folks who don't know about this and plan on living off their hunting.
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein

BennyMG1

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2019, 08:06:09 AM »
Scary stuff. We do not do anything to concentrate deer on our place, but surrounding areas certainly do. There’s a hunting club out of Atlanta that has land close to us and i am certain they probably use any method out there, both legal and illegal, to concentrate deer.
Trust, but verify. Russian proverb

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal