Author Topic: 2019 Annual Spring SEPN Campout - May 3-5 @ Cedar Creek WMA  (Read 12039 times)

Country Singer

Re: 2019 Annual Spring SEPN Campout - May 3-5 @ Cedar Creek WMA
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2019, 12:32:30 PM »
Nice catch!  I fixed it, lol.
“Our country demands all our strength, all our energies. To resist the powerful combination now forming against us will require every man at his place.
If victorious, we will have everything to hope for in the future. If defeated, nothing will be left for us to live for.”

Lilburner

Re: 2019 Annual Spring SEPN Fall Campout - May 3-5 @ Cedar Creek WMA
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2019, 03:13:02 PM »
Please put me down for 2 people to camp on Friday night and 5 people on Saturday night. Don't know if it matters but 3 out of 5 will be children to stay Saturday night. Will have small camper. Look forward to meeting ya'll and thanks so much for organizing this! Will start looking through my stuff for the auction.

Children are welcome and encouraged! Not sure the ages and bedtimes, but the campfire talk at night can be a little robust.
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

Farside

« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2019, 04:15:30 PM »
I put this together for the action.

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2019, 01:21:12 PM »
Farside,  That is a great looking knife.  I will bring some money so I can bid on it at the auction.  Looks like we are going to have a good group with several new campers.  As I mentioned before, I took 4ea 110 watt Evergreen Solar panels off my pump house and am in the process of putting 6 new 285 watt panels back up.  I am waiting on my son to come home from Atlanta to help me as it is a 30 Deg roof and it will take 2 to do safely.  Wife does not climb (no balance) can't even ride a bike but she can cook and bake with the best.  Back to the campout.  I mounted fold out legs on the solar panels 2 with tall legs and 2 with short legs.  Each panel has a 10Amp potted charge controller by Morningstar Corp.  I wired with #10 wire and Anderson 50Amp power pole connectors with fuse & alligator clips.  They are ready to charge a 12VDC battery.  I am bringing all 4 to the campout.  2 already have names on them, 1 is for sale and one will be available at the auction.

I will use one for a show and tell with an inverter and power tools at the appointed time.

crplhood

« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2019, 12:21:25 PM »
We may pop in for a night, as we're planning to be hiking up that way anyways.

Starlady I'd love more insight into canning and cast iron care :)

Starlady

« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2019, 06:24:35 PM »
If it doesn't end up being a class, just hit me up when you see me.  Won't know for another week if I'll be day tripping myself or if there will be someone to birdy-sit for me.  The cast iron class is a 10-15 minute thing and I know someone else who might be daytripping that missed it last time, so the 3 of us can get together.
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein

John Galt 1

« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2019, 11:21:46 PM »
I really want to join you guys but it looks like I won't be able to make it this year.
Talk is cheap, Actions count.

elandil

Re: 2019 Annual Spring SEPN Fall Campout - May 3-5 @ Cedar Creek WMA
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2019, 05:07:26 AM »
right now put me as a tentative, waiting to see if my time off request gets approved. I only hammock camp, so won't need much space if I do come.

Found out my vacation time was approved, and have a pup-sitter. So right now plan is to head down around lunchtime Friday and stay til Sunday.
http://www.georgiacarry.org Member and Recruiter

Lord if today is truly the day that You call me home, let me die in a pile of brass.

KM4CUY

R-1

Rockhopper

« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2019, 10:32:40 AM »
Quote from Lilburner:
"Children are welcome and encouraged! Not sure the ages and bedtimes, but the campfire talk at night can be a little robust."

Thanks for the heads-up Lilburner! Will try to arrive Friday afternoon so as to pick a spot a little further away from the camp fire.

Will also bring a guest 1 adult (possibly two) with 2 kids. So grand total 4-5 adults and up to 5 children. No complaints from us.

Thanks so much!

tlwagg

« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2019, 01:19:29 PM »
We should be there unless something comes at hubby's job. Can't wait to try out our new solar camp lights.
"I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

"Political correctness is tyranny with manners." - Charlton Heston

primitive

« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2019, 09:41:38 AM »
I'm pretty new to prepping in general, so all the class ideas mentioned so far sound great to me, even if they're repeats for other folks. As Starlady mentioned, it might be more efficient to just chat about some of these things rather than making it an official class. Two additional things I can think of would be anything related to emergency medical care and long-range marksmanship if anybody has expertise in those areas. For marksmanship, I'm sure live rounds are not an option, but going over shooting positions, dry firing, scope adjustment, etc. would be useful to me. Those are two things that seem like they would be difficult to learn from just watching videos.

All that said, I'm still tentative at this point, but hoping to make it for at least Saturday, possibly camping Saturday night. Will probably be my wife and me, possibly 3 kids. I will update as plans become firmer.

What time should we be there Saturday morning to make sure we don't miss anything?

Thank you--looking forward to this!

Country Singer

« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2019, 01:44:37 PM »
For marksmanship, I'm sure live rounds are not an option, but going over shooting positions, dry firing, scope adjustment, etc. would be useful to me. Those are two things that seem like they would be difficult to learn from just watching videos.
There is a range at Cedar Creek quite close to the camping area and generally there will be at least a group of campers that go over there to get some shooting in during the weekend.  Here's the details about the range.

What time should we be there Saturday morning to make sure we don't miss anything?

Thank you--looking forward to this!

If you're there by 10 or 10:30AM you should be fine.
“Our country demands all our strength, all our energies. To resist the powerful combination now forming against us will require every man at his place.
If victorious, we will have everything to hope for in the future. If defeated, nothing will be left for us to live for.”

YellowRose

« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2019, 09:35:15 AM »
We are looking forward it.

upacreek

« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2019, 11:07:43 AM »
What calibers do people typically bring?
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

BennyMG1

« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2019, 06:50:41 PM »
.50 and over not allowed on the range. Also , there’s no rapid fire on the range. If you aren’t sure how to regulate your rate of fire, Farside can instruct you how ensure an accurate time count between shots.
Trust, but verify. Russian proverb

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal