Author Topic: 2019 Annual Spring SEPN Campout - May 3-5 @ Cedar Creek WMA  (Read 12032 times)

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
Re: 2019 Annual Spring SEPN Campout - May 3-5 @ Cedar Creek WMA
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2019, 07:18:29 PM »
What calibers do people typically bring?
Last year I saw 5.56 , 22LR & 22Mags, so bring what you want to shoot and can afford the ammunition.  I got a new Rosi 22LR still in the box I need to get familiar with and set the sights.
I got a Chiappa 9mm rim fire shot gun (a child's gun) to show as it is a novelty.  They will only allow shooting it at the range to check pattern.

Lilburner

« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2019, 02:03:27 PM »
I was SO tempted by that shotgun. Glad I didn't get it if it's child size. The Little Badger line is normally used on youth models, but the 9mm Flobert is usually called a "garden gun", implying adult use. I could never really get a grip on the size.

"Rapid fire" is usually defined as faster than 1/second, which sounds fast, but it's not. If you're aiming, you should be fine. If you want to dump a mag, say "One bad guy. Two bad guys", etc. between shots. Probably not out loud  :D
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

Farside

« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2019, 07:15:37 PM »
Thanks Benny! Clear a mag on a .22 a little fast one time and I can't live it down. I can't help the range manager had no scent of humor.
Just want to show them the rifle was fine, it was their shooting that was off.

upacreek

« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2019, 08:29:36 AM »
LOL - I've only been to a few ranges that regulate the speed of fire.  The limits don't sound that unreasonable unless you're shooting.  I'll leave my tank at home.

I shockingly lost the kid that was going to go and he might have me limited to just Saturday morning to Sunday.  I can't believe a teenager doesn't want to hang out with a bunch of old people (old being over 25).
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

BennyMG1

« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2019, 09:40:05 AM »
I don’t think any of us are over 25. At least in our minds.
Trust, but verify. Russian proverb

Starlady

« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2019, 11:16:47 AM »
I definitely have no babysitter so I'll only be there Saturday. :(
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein

Country Singer

« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2019, 09:18:17 PM »
Is there any interest in doing the BOB contest again? 
“Our country demands all our strength, all our energies. To resist the powerful combination now forming against us will require every man at his place.
If victorious, we will have everything to hope for in the future. If defeated, nothing will be left for us to live for.”

Starlady

« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2019, 09:46:30 PM »
That was a lot of fun, but don't forget to do it and the auction early so the daytrippers can play, too.

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein

BennyMG1

« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2019, 04:55:37 AM »
I think a BOB contest would be fun and educational. I know my BOB has morphed into a GHB. I love seeing what other people put in their bags and get ideas for my own.
Trust, but verify. Russian proverb

Searchboss

« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2019, 07:14:40 AM »
I participated in the BOB contest last year using the GHB that I keep in the truck. I enjoyed it. Lilburner made it fun by scheduling it as a contest, but even a simple show and tell would be informative for people who have, or want to build their own GHB.

florida44

« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2019, 11:09:24 AM »
Looking forward to seeing everyone!
Region 2
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo Galilei

primitive

« Reply #41 on: April 28, 2019, 04:29:16 PM »
Is this a potluck as well, or do I just need to bring an auction item? Any examples of the kinds of things that show up in the auction?

Lilburner

« Reply #42 on: April 28, 2019, 06:14:53 PM »
You're generally on your own for food. If you're not equipped for outdoor cooking, you can always find a hot grill or camp stove that someone will be happy to share. Likewise for utensils, condiments, and the like. Last fall there was a giant communal grill. I'm hoping that's a regular thing going forward.

Anything goes for the auction. Everything from trinkets that have trouble fetching an opening bid. Up to the last couple of years there has been a rocket stove and a solar oven that went into the three figures. You really can't go wrong. Handcrafted items generally fetch a premium over market value.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2019, 06:30:20 PM by Lilburner »
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

elandil

« Reply #43 on: April 30, 2019, 03:06:50 PM »
You're generally on your own for food. If you're not equipped for outdoor cooking, you can always find a hot grill or camp stove that someone will be happy to share. Likewise for utensils, condiments, and the like. Last fall there was a giant communal grill.

That brings up a couple of other questions I had... are fires permitted, and if so is there any wood regulations? and are there any sort of picnic tables or the like, or is it just a bare-bones area.
http://www.georgiacarry.org Member and Recruiter

Lord if today is truly the day that You call me home, let me die in a pile of brass.

KM4CUY

R-1

Lilburner

« Reply #44 on: April 30, 2019, 03:15:57 PM »
There's generally a central bonfire, as well as some people make their own cooking fires. Bringing firewood to donate is appreciated.

There are no amenities except the SEPN-provided Porta potties. There's running water up the road a bit.

Someone generally makes an ice run and asks around who needs any.
~ Daniel Webster

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal