Author Topic: Spring 2019 Weather  (Read 1324 times)

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
Spring 2019 Weather
« on: March 25, 2019, 07:41:01 PM »
The weather bureau is at it again.  They are predicting above normal rain for the next month or so.  Their predictions are dire for some locations.  I have gone to planting my garden on raised rows.  Reading articles like the one linked below stir me to add more long term food to my storage area.  The problem the storage area is full....FULL......FULL.
https://www.dcclothesline.com/2019/03/25/200-million-people-at-risk-national-weather-service-warns-apocalyptic-midwest-floods-are-a-preview-of-what-we-expect-throughout-the-rest-of-the-spring/

Starlady

Re: Spring 2019 Weather
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2019, 10:37:07 PM »
Whoosssshhhh………..there goes the price of fresh foods.

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein

8greenbeans

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2019, 06:43:08 PM »
Yes, I've been seeing a lot on the Grand Solar Minimum weather changes. It does make me want to discover varying ways to grow food in case the weather is just too unpredictable to grow food successfully on top of making sure we're good with all long storage items.

USMC Veteran
LEO & USAF Vet Mama
Navy MIL
Army Daughter
8 Beans + 1 BonusBean
9 GrandBeans
4 Beans-in-law + 3 Future-in-laws
1 MrBeans

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2019, 08:20:41 PM »
Well now it is Fall and the wierd weather is still coming.  This article is about the mid-west.  They had Spring floods preventing large acreage to not be planted this year and now they have an early major snow storm.  What was interesting to me in the article was the % mature the corn crop is in the various states.

https://dcdirtylaundry.com/an-all-out-blizzard-that-is-unheard-of-for-october-is-about-to-hit-farms-in-the-midwest-with-up-to-2-feet-of-snow/

Starlady

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2019, 08:24:50 PM »
Lost me at the 3rd sentence, which was written just in case their readers were stoopid to understand sentence #2?

And who gets their weather from USA Today, lol?
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal