Author Topic: SE Severe weather - April 15th  (Read 1566 times)

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
SE Severe weather - April 15th
« on: April 13, 2019, 06:23:25 AM »
I got the camper out and started getting it ready for a road trip.  THEN the weather channel starts telling me That there is a tornado watch coming to a location near me!  Oh well.  I can finish loading the camper with water & food and park it back in the shop.  Then if bad things happen at least one habitable location may still exist.

Keep your head up this weekend !

Starlady

Re: SE Severe weather - April 15th
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2019, 10:09:49 AM »
It'll be April 14th for those of us north of I20 and west of I85.  I'm not looking forward to this.  Fortunately Gertrude the camper has been repaired and is inside a building in Rome - I pick her up after the bad weather.   Going to spend today walking the yard and putting stuff away.
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein

RWS

• Bugged Out
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2019, 10:42:36 AM »
Yeah it is the 14th.  I am working on the camper today so I can get it put up out of the way.

BennyMG1

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2019, 08:46:30 PM »
Looks like we will only get a little bit of the bad weather down here. We will secure the loose outside stuff in the mirning
Trust, but verify. Russian proverb

Starlady

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2019, 11:30:29 AM »
Had 2 downpours that lasted about 5 minutes each, a little bid of wind and no T&L close at all.  Came through about 6am.....I just went back to sleep.  Don't even have any branches down.

Above Rome got a bad t-storm but we're good here.
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein

BennyMG1

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2019, 12:13:41 PM »
Update from our neck of the woods:

Still on high alert for bad weather. So we’ve only had a little rain. It hasn’t even been heavy enough to interrupt TV reception. Everything was secured this morning so no worries here. Generator got fueled up this morning. Made sure the vehicles were gassed up too. If it comes, we’re ready.
Trust, but verify. Russian proverb

RWS

• Bugged Out
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2019, 02:05:24 PM »
2 PM the weather has just cleared here.  All OK.

crplhood

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2019, 02:32:55 PM »
Wasn't bad here in Cartersville at all, thankfully...and not. I was trying to use that storm to test a new camping tarp. It's more intended for hiking, but I like knowing most my hiking gear has SHTF utility. Unfortunately I doubt we had a gust of 25mph. Tarp was great though. Laid underneath in my hammock and read my book without even a little mist. Still could use a windier test, though.
$30 for a light and compact shelter tarp. We've taken it hiking about a dozen times, no complaints.
 if you wanna look at one of these
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07C3L787R/

jimLE

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2019, 09:59:03 AM »
we had a hail storm 1 weekend. then tornadoes on the next weekend. the tornadoes was on the 16th.folks of where i live and folks from out of town has done a great job of coming together at getting things done.and it look's like we got another severe storm moving in today.
be prepared,be worried,be careful..and watch your 6..
expect and prepare for the worst.and hope for the best..

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal