Author Topic: Show and tell at campout. Also - class needed.  (Read 1407 times)

Lilburner

Show and tell at campout. Also - class needed.
« on: April 23, 2019, 01:40:07 PM »
Kind of late to be posting this, but as some of you know, I've been a little scattered of late with a lot going on. So I'm making this its own post, so it can get more attention more quickly.

The last few campouts we've been doing three programs on Saturday, and it can feel a little rushed. I want to try two this year, to see how it goes. It may or may not be better - we'll find out and gauge reaction. Plus, for selfish reasons, I already have one planned, so I only need one more.

Show and tell: Just what it says. Everyone with a product, skill, hack, process, etc. they'd like to show the group take anywhere from say 2-20 minutes sharing. Then the participants will be entered in a drawing for a gift card. I have something (I'm recusing myself from the drawing). I know RWS has something. Think of what you can share with the group! Feel free to share here if you'd like to participate - either telling us what you'd like to share or that you'd like to keep it a surprise.

We need a second presentation. Who will volunteer?
Edit: Thanks elandil!

On a related note for the future, I'd like someone to step up to be "Program Manager" (what ham clubs call them) to arrange classes and presentations at campouts. Any takers?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: April 27, 2019, 10:43:13 AM by Lilburner »
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

Lilburner

Re: Show and tell at campout. Also - class needed.
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2019, 10:45:33 AM »
Thanks to elandil!

He'll be presenting "Portable Food Options" at 10 AM on Saturday.
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

nj_m715

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2019, 11:48:06 AM »
I'll probably come saturday, if the weather isn't crap
I can do a show n tell

crplhood

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2019, 09:38:31 PM »
I can do a bit on using tarps and hammock setups for shelters. We'll have our full backpacking kits with us anyways. I guess I can also drag out the rest of the gear and yall can take a look at some pretty damn lightweight awesome stoves and water filters.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal