Author Topic: TruPrep First Aid/Trauma Class  (Read 1271 times)

primitive

TruPrep First Aid/Trauma Class
« on: May 15, 2019, 10:33:54 PM »
I just got the below email from TruPrep in Atlanta via Meetup. I probably won't be able to make it, but who knows. Posting in case anyone else may be interested. It seems like a pretty long, comprehensive class for the price. Is anyone else familiar with the group providing the instruction? I went to their in-house BOB class a few months ago. It was free and I learned a lot and will probably go to others in the future.

--------------------------------

Precision Applications, LLC will be hosting a medical course entitled Self Care and Buddy Aid at TruPrep!

Course runs from 9am - 5:30pm on Saturday June 1 at TruPrep in Marietta.

Cost is $150 per student. Contact me directly for sign-up and payment. The only way to guarantee your slot is to sign-up and pre-pay.

Topics covered will include, but are not limited to:

-Recognize a Life Threatening Injury.

-Conducting Rapid Assessments and Treatments

-MARCH E concept

-Gunshot wounds

-Knife wounds

-Blast injuries

-Remote medicine assessment and treatment, when it is necessary and why

-Individual first aid kits (IFAKS), different configurations and content and size

-Hands on skills training

-Emergency Trauma Dressing

-How to choose the right tourniquet

-Myths about tourniquets

-Hands on training with Combat Application -Tourniquet (CAT)

-Upper extremity and lower extremity

-Multiple tourniquet application

-Nasopharyngeal Airway

-Chest Seals

-How and why to pack a wound

-Advantages with and without hemostatic bandages

-Different types of hemostatic bandages

Here is the IFAK that the Instructor recommends, but he said if you already have one, he'll train you on that one.

https://www.southeasterntac.com/product-page/bleeding-control-kit
Sku # 85-1406

For the Self Care and Buddy Class - here is the link to online and paying.

Pay via https://truprep.com/self-care-and-buddy-aid.html
« Last Edit: May 21, 2019, 11:24:33 AM by primitive »

TruPrep

Re: TruPrep First Aid/Trauma Class
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2019, 10:00:27 AM »
On the meetup page event. At the bottom of the actual event page is this:

Instructor Bio: Rodney Lewis, B.S. NRP CCEMTP

Rodney Lewis brings an extensive knowledge and experience in EMS and law enforcement. He earned his Bachelor of Science in Chemistry from Georgia Southern University. While working on his degree he was also working as an EMT and Paramedic. Rodney has been involved in Public Safety for 21 years mostly in Atlanta, GA working for Grady EMS as a Paramedic. His experience Ranges from EMS to Federal Law Enforcement. Rodney was a Field training officer, Supervisor and one of the original members of Grady’s EMS special operations team. Grady’s Special Operations team provided medical support for law enforcement on the local, state, federal level and did the Bio safety transport for the Center for Disease control. Rodney is the state of Georgia’s National Association of Emergency Medical Technician Coordinator (NAEMT), Georgia Paramedic instructor and a critical care paramedic. Rodney has been an instructor for many pre hospital medical course for more than 15 years, ranging from basic and Advanced Life Supports classes, self-care buddy Aid to law Enforcement and Tactical Combat Casualty Care for EMS providers and law Enforcement.

And as always about our classes. We cover most of the products were are absolutely familiar with and that most of the time is what we as a store have decided to carry as options, not the only ones but the better ones. We choose to avoid bringing products we are not 100% on into classes as we would not want to push incorrect information.

Thanks

Wes
www.truprep.com/transfers - 1000 Cobb Parkway North STE B, Marietta GA

John Galt 1

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2019, 08:40:45 PM »
I heard an ad on the radio for TruPrep today and pulled up their website before signing in and seeing this thread.

Their website looks pretty good and the store in in Marietta.       Their event calendar looks like they are pretty active in trying to educate people.
truprep.com//resources/event-calendar
Talk is cheap, Actions count.

Country Singer

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2019, 08:56:42 PM »
TruPrep is a longtime "Friend of SEPN" (I just made that designation up).  They've gone out of their way to assist with some events in the past, notably when John Jacob Schmidt from Radio Free Redoubt and AmRRON was visiting the Southeast.
“Our country demands all our strength, all our energies. To resist the powerful combination now forming against us will require every man at his place.
If victorious, we will have everything to hope for in the future. If defeated, nothing will be left for us to live for.”

Lilburner

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2019, 11:32:29 AM »
I'd certainly recommend checking them out. Solid operation. I don't get up there as much as I used to, only living in town half time and being mostly all hoarded up on all their items.

Great selection of everything you'd expect - food, bags, medical, water filtration, fire starting, books, tools, etc. Best price and selection on paracord. Thousands of ammo cans...

More than any other store I've been to, they're an "AR store". Every little naggy part you broke, lost or forgot you needed. It's been my experience they'll install it for you, too, but I can't promise. Their lowers are competitive with online pricing.

Free transfers if you fill out the form on the site. That's mostly when I go any more. I always make sure and buy something when I do because it's an awesome service. A couple times I've gone there for one gun, and left with more.

Some great classes, too. I got my first aid certification there, and the free AR build classes are indispensable. I know how to build and I still go to them sometimes for the social aspect, and I learn something every time.

In addition to hosting the major event mentioned, they also invite us to set up tables at their events. While we don't have advertising, we've invited them to keep us abreast of sales, events, etc.

If you haven't already, definitely worth checking out. Even if you're pretty prepped up, you can always find a good book or pick up an AR lower for political reasons.
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

primitive

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2019, 11:20:44 AM »
Sorry, wasn't trying to imply TruPrep was pushing products on people. Everything that was demo'ed in the BOB class seemed like high quality, well thought out products. I came away with a lot of useful info at no cost and will be back in the future. Thanks!

And thank you for the additional info on the instructor. Still not looking good for me that weekend, but looks like it will be a great class.

Wileycoyote

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2019, 02:26:54 PM »
Great class. I learned quite a lot about trauma first aid, the stuff not taught in school or boy scouts.
Some hands on.
Lots of information on which products work and which dont.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal