Author Topic: "Fresh Farms" - Filling the Zaycon Void?  (Read 1627 times)

Country Singer

"Fresh Farms" - Filling the Zaycon Void?
« on: May 19, 2019, 02:11:08 PM »
Got this in my email today.  I'm not sure if it's actually a different company or just a Zaycon reboot; "Fresh Farms":
Zaycon Fresh abruptly closed its doors June 2018 and left a large void in the Farm-to-Table movement. That is when a 33-year-old female entrepreneur from South Dakota, Irina Kleinsasser, decided to take advantage of the opportunity.
Today, Fresh Farms, LLC, a Sioux Falls, South Dakota online retailer, and the "Original Farm-to-Family" delivery truck, announced it would begin delivering orchard-fresh fruits, fresh meat and poultry, and wild-caught seafood to customers throughout the U.S.
Since they began delivering earlier this year, Fresh Farms has been flooded by customers across the country, asking them to expand to deliver their high-quality fruits, meats, and poultry nationwide.
In 2011, founder, Irina Kleinsasser, had an idea and started delivering fresh fruits in and around the upper Midwest.  That idea was so successful that the business continued to grow for eight straight years. When the closing of Zaycon Fresh was announced in mid-2018, Irina realized an opportunity existed to reach even more people throughout the country that appreciated the value of high-quality fruits, meats, and poultry.
The female entrepreneur and mother of four has worked hard to build strong relationships with the Fresh Farms farmers and growers, and just like Irina, these folks strive for stand-out quality, producing only the finest fruits, meat, and poultry for her customers.
Fresh Farms is now delivering Sweet Georgia Peaches, Washington Dark Cherries, Rainier Cherries, the freshest Ground Beef, imported Wild-Caught Argentine Shrimp, and other fresh foods, direct from farm-to-family. "When thousands of families buy good food together, straight from the source, amazing things happen," said Irina Kleinsasser, CEO of Fresh Farms.Fresh Farms is known as the Original Farm-to-Family" delivery truck. The company is on track to deliver 17 million pounds of food this year creating 52 jobs.  Learn more at freshfarmsusa.com
“Our country demands all our strength, all our energies. To resist the powerful combination now forming against us will require every man at his place.
If victorious, we will have everything to hope for in the future. If defeated, nothing will be left for us to live for.”

Starlady

Re: "Fresh Farms" - Filling the Zaycon Void?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2019, 07:51:14 PM »
Prices look fairly similar to Zaycon's on the beef and chicken (not that I'd buy chicken, lol) but I think the bacon is $1 per lb higher.  The dark cherry price is $1 per lb LESS than WalMart and the peaches seem a bit higher than what I pay on an Ellijay run in July or August.  They don't offer salmon though (which cans well, while cod gets tough).

I might have to order some stuff if I get a minute this week, finally getting low on the Zaycon bacon.  When I first ordered a 40lb case, someone didn't show up and they offered me the extra case at 1/2 price - so 80lbs in 6 years.  I canned most of it and just hit the last half dozen jars last week.  Need to stock it back up again.
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein

Ravenwood1950

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2019, 01:55:25 PM »
They don't deliver to Georgia unless they have changed in the last week or so.
Ravenwood

Starlady

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2019, 04:41:01 PM »
When I checked before my comment yesterday they had deliveries already scheduled for Rome in July and most of the smaller GA cities are on their drop down list.
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal