Author Topic: Homesteading......The Adventure Continues  (Read 352 times)

Starlady

• Bugged Out
  • Region 1 Leader
    • http://www.georgiacarry.org/
Homesteading......The Adventure Continues
« on: May 22, 2019, 03:01:09 PM »
I have now seen a snake penis. (Wish I could unsee it.)  The ducks were alerting me to a problem, so I ran out to see what was going on.  Snake, rat, medium sized - 2.5 to 3' long.  Missed him/her with the snake tongs, it crawled into an old compost pile I should have busted up 2 years ago.

Went back to planting.  15 minutes later there's yelling & screaming directed at the compost heap so back I trudge, scrutinizing the pile carefully all the way around.  WTF?   Good gracious, that snake looks quite a bit thicker in the middle than I remember!  So I bravely stick the tongs thru the fencing, grab a hunk of body and pull.  I swear to God there was a POP...... and one body (which I now know was the boy, lol)  came loose .....dragging his thing.  Which, I might add and not to be gross, or even judgmental, was rather short for his body, IMO.  Over the fence he goes.

Back I go for the girl, but was she fast!  Missed her, she snaked (haha) her way out the fence, and I went back and destroyed the hell out of that compost pile.

The learning never ends!
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein

John Galt 1

Re: Homesteading......The Adventure Continues
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2019, 10:12:12 PM »
Hopefully you separated them before the joyful burst of fun..     

revckd

• Bugged Out
Re: Homesteading......The Adventure Continues
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2019, 04:27:09 PM »
 :o
revckd
KM4PHQ

Bellatores et Venatores in Christo
A prudent person foresees danger ahead and takes precautions. ~ Proverbs 27:12