Author Topic: Roll Call July 13, 2019  (Read 62 times)

Ravenwood1950

• Bugged Out
    • http://www.arrl.org/ares
Roll Call July 13, 2019
« on: July 13, 2019, 04:44:09 PM »
Dear Friends,
A couple of you have called me to check on me, which I appreciate :), in the last couple of days. I am still here as always just much more busy caring for things at home right now. Mother is in a hospital bed and on oxygen most of the time. She only gets out of bed to go to the restroom. I have had to take over everything she was doing for herself...laundry, filling pill boxes, cleaning her room, ect on top of my routine. Having my son here also presents a need to see that a good balanced supper is ready every night whereas Mom and I might just have oatmeal for supper at times. :) I have had to abandon the garden, no time to work in it. :(
If I don't post or miss the TeamSpeak chats, I have not abandoned my family here. I am the first one up and the last one to bed every day and I try hard to get through with my chores by 6 pm so I can have the chance to have 2 hours for myself to read or do a bit of needlework before I fall into bed at 8pm.
So don't think I am not still active and thank you for your concern.
Check in with us and let us know how you are doing.
God Bless,
Ravenwood

upacreek

Re: Roll Call July 13, 2019
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2019, 09:43:02 AM »
I haven't done much aside from weed whacking and more weed whacking.  I'm making progress though.  The areas that I spent so much time clearing is much easier to keep clear.  I cleared near the little dam by the pond and found a bit of termite damage.  I'll have to figure out how to treat it without harming the fish.  My neighbors asked to fish the pond.  They were really close to the original owner and the dad and son (son is at least my age) grew up fishing the pond.  We met up with the son's family yesterday.  I think we'll be good neighbors.  They're the ones that host the BBQ for the neighborhood every year. 

The garden is going good.  I've got tomatoes coming in like crazy.  The cucumbers are still coming in, but look as if they won't be for much longer.  I harvested my first ever potatoes!!!  I didn't get much, but they're good.  I have the Yukon Gold that is still in the ground.  I hope I get more than I did of the red ones.  Okra is coming in too.  So far only 1 plant out of 3 is producing.  I have 3 whole okra picked so far in 2 weeks.  I'm not too upset since I've only had one bite of okra that didn't taste like slime.  I just planted it because I read it produces like crazy and these people down here seem to like it (weirdos). 

I'm taking it easy the next few days.  I made a tiny pad for my garbage cans here at home.  17 stupid pavers and the last one destroyed my back.  It was just a little project and the pavers are only around 20 lbs.  I've been working so hard at my new place.  It's frustrating that something so small can put me on my butt for a while.  On the bright side, Minion #2 is driving around on his own now and loving the freedom.  He thinks errands are fun.  hahahahaha!
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

8greenbeans

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2019, 01:11:19 PM »
Things are settling down here, thankfully. A large branch came down on my cousin's RV in the back. That alone will provide a lot of mulch. However, it is the tree I hate and want down as it shades my apple tree.... so MrBeans decided the whole thing is coming down now. I can't tell just yet, how much damage has been done to the apple tree but there definitely is damage. Hopefully, not so much that it can't come back stronger than ever next year. I'm really excited to get mulch and get that blasted tree gone. The mulch will go in the garden areas and in the pens to keep down the muck during rains.

Ducks and chickens are still setting. Goats are still bagging up. What's growing in the garden is still growing, albeit slowly. The pantry is still getting fed and plans are still being made and carried out. I guess that's about good enough for now.

USMC Veteran, USAF Mama
Blue Star Army National Guard MIL
Army Daughter, Navy Niece
8 Beans
5 GrandBeans
3 Beans-in-law
1 MrBeans

Lilburner

• Webmaster
  • Bugged Out
  • Gen. Class
    • http://www.arrl.org/ares
    • http://www.georgiacarry.org/
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2019, 04:17:20 PM »
Welp,
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster