Author Topic: My friend in NC - Maybe a prepper ?  (Read 3025 times)

RWS

Re: My friend in NC - Maybe a prepper ?
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2020, 05:21:47 PM »
Well I just got home from NC.  We worked on my friend's solar system for three days.  That's all this old man could take.  I took him my 24 extra okra plants and 2 California Wonder bell peppers.  He planted them in his garden and I brought the seed trays back home with me.  He also gave us a bag of ramps and a bag of branch lettuce.  He said someone had already got into his ramp patch this year. 
Talk about living in the country.  They have a ground hog problem and you can not sneak up on them to shoot them.  So,  the lady of the house took out the screen window and raised the kitchen window about 6".  She keeps a loaded gun in the kitchen so when one runs across the open yard, she shoots it.  On the run!

RWS

Re: My friend in NC - Maybe a prepper ?
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2020, 07:10:10 AM »
While I was at Fall Campout my NC friend called the house and talked to the wife.  He was happy, happy.  He had gotten his power bill for $18.00 which is good considering he has a $25.00 meter fee each month.  He is now basically energy independent.  He has a way to switch power around for when the commercial power is out and power his whole house.