Author Topic: Almost replaced my pressure washer over a $0 repair  (Read 1102 times)

Lilburner

Almost replaced my pressure washer over a $0 repair
« on: August 27, 2019, 09:33:04 AM »
I've been working at my parents' house the last few weeks almost full time to try to raise the value - basically "flipping" my own house.

Doing a lot of pressure washing and it's really transforming the place. Just had about a 15 foot garden hose and 75 feet of washer hose. As I moved away from the house, I needed more garden hose so I grabbed an unused one still in the packaging out of my shed in NEGA.

Started up yesterday and wasn't getting any pressure. I tested everything I could. Changed hoses, nozzles, googled, watched YouTube videos, checked for links, looked for pump adjustments...

Finally decided it had to be trashed or serviced. There's an open house on Saturday, so I had to have one. A week's rental was about the same as buying one, so I was about to go get one at Northern Tool.

When I went to disconnect the garden hose for the last time, I just happened to look inside the water inlet area and it was completely clogged with organic debris. WTF? Cleaned it out and went on my way.

My theory is that insects had built a nest in the "new" garden hose while it was in storage, and all the material collected at the end when I turned it on.

Just goes to show you - never know where the next "gotcha" is coming from.
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

nj_m715

Re: Almost replaced my pressure washer over a $0 repair
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2019, 12:07:03 PM »
screw the ends to themselves to seal em up in storage

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal