Author Topic: What would you buy if you had 6 hours to SHTF and $10,000  (Read 5437 times)

bountyhunter

Re: What would you buy if you had 6 hours to SHTF and $10,000
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2019, 09:32:16 AM »
Don't mean nothing!
Watch your six!
ARRL VE
W5YI VE
Ham Radio General
Region 4 Moderator
US NAVY (RET)
"Never miss the opportunity to train"

John Galt 1

« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2019, 07:57:58 PM »
Let's start by saying "you go with what you've got".         We already have the basics so no serious requirement to run out and buy a boatload of supplies.     Having said that....   
More is better and 1st stop would be the grocery store for junk food  (comfort foods like chocolate) and more long term storage food like beans, sugar, spices, and batteries; all good for trading and personal use.       Tractor Supply for more animal food, fencing supplies, gloves ect is close to the grocery store.       Home Depot and a gas station on the way back home to get back home in less than 6 hours.
Talk is cheap, Actions count.

jimLE

« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2019, 11:26:58 AM »
1st thing's that come to mind.is
canning jars.
lamp oil.and extra lamp parts
seeds.
food.
rechargeable batteries.
solar charger.
gas cans and gas.
water
ammo

be prepared,be worried,be careful..and watch your 6..
expect and prepare for the worst.and hope for the best..

Abigayle

« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2019, 10:46:37 AM »
IF I could get one fast enough, a wood cook stove with water reservoir and warmer, also the pipe to install in and tile to put under it.  We have two for Y2-K, both antique.  They can really warm a home if not too far north.  With practice, you can cook just about anything one one..I have a solar oven for hot periods.  Agree on the truck full of feed, for us, chicken and dog.  Still need a colloidal silver set up....whoops, think I just went over budget....good thing I have lots of seed! More ammunition.  Still want that AR-15, so, if I can't cook on the wood stove ( or get one that fast), I can guard a window with more self-assurance, than using my two wimpy hand guns.  I better get off of here and keep shopping!
Ariel

Abigayle

« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2019, 11:22:22 AM »
Wired, whiskey and razor wire....
12 bags of layer food. 12 bags dog food.
comfortable work and walking boots
Wood cook stove, pipe and tile (wishful thinking....six hours...
A bag of apples and oranges. (If this is happening now).
A good block of cheese in wax  ( I store crackers in canning jars, see how to on line, if you are not doing this and have an interest, you can use your over).
A few more sure jel.
Two of those sleeping bags you can wear around the house.
I am thinking about what I would by to board up windows.  Would like something on hinges....something attractive.....just had to throw that in.  As usual, I think I just went over budget.....
Did I mention wine, whiskey and razor wire????

Starlady

« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2019, 04:42:48 PM »
Razor Wire!  YES!!!
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein

crplhood

« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2019, 11:42:00 AM »
Scotch.

bountyhunter

« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2019, 12:03:24 PM »
I am a Jack Daniels Jim Beam kinda guy myself!
Watch your six!
ARRL VE
W5YI VE
Ham Radio General
Region 4 Moderator
US NAVY (RET)
"Never miss the opportunity to train"

Abigayle

« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2019, 08:42:39 AM »
I have a Camp Chief two burner camp stove.  It is sturdy and tall, so no bending.  If you have a freezer full of meat, like venison, whatever.  Get a recipe for canned beast, if you don't have one.  You can add anything you usually can to it, just pressure cook it for the timing on the meat.  I would pick up some more propane tanks to make life easier, while they lasted.  Thinking maybe more lids for my jars as well.  So many good ideas on here.  The fish anti-bi is like 37.00 at Tractor Supply.  Would rather add that to a colloidal silver set up.  That being said...A bird in the hand......
Ariel

florida44

« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2019, 06:04:34 PM »
I too use a camp chef. In fact all our campers are familiar as its in use at all our campouts. I would never revert to this little stoves I see folks use. I plan to can on it when SHTF
Region 2
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo Galilei

John Galt 1

« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2019, 10:18:22 PM »
Keep in mind that "you go with what you've got".      No shipped orders (longer than the required 6 hours) and dry dog food only lasts about 5-8 months before it goes rancid in the Georgia summers..      Canned dogfood may lasts longer.      Chicken feed also goes bad after about 4-5 months in the summer heat (lasts great in cooler weather) but cracked corn scratch over lasts a year to keep the birds alive until the following spring.   
Dogs can live on eggs so I'd go more for layer feed and cracked corn if you've got birds.

Honey bee hives with some swarm traps to replace dying hives may last 100+ years.

But with only 6 hours until SHTF I suspect that few stores will accept any type of cards for payment.
Talk is cheap, Actions count.

revckd

« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2019, 06:35:53 PM »
If I knew there were only 6 hrs and I had access to 10k real quick:

First I would Grab the wifey & boys and Run to U-haul and get the big box truck, drive 3 miles to, drop one son at Home Depot, drop wifey at Walmart and the other boy at Tractor Supply the I would go to:

Sam's, there I would Load pallets of Long term foods, Generators, oil, radios, Toiletries, vitamins,  Meds, & stuff there.

Then I would go next door to Tractor Supply pay for the Antibiotics, feeds, tractor fluid, oil, Boots, clothing, Gas cans, FULL Propane bottles, tools and farm & garden Supplies one of the boys and picked out...

Next I would go to Sam's Gas station & Fuel up everything!

Pick up the wifey and girls at Walmart from getting all the applicable ammo (No more guns as that will take to much time) and all else we thought of while at other places because Walmart has everything, HAHA

And get the other boy at Home Depot across the street getting building repair & supplies including nails, 2by's, OSB, tin, Chain Saws, Chains, oils, Splitter...

Oh what the heck I might even test drive a Brand New F350 Diesel 4X4 and I may even see if Camper land might let me see if it would pull that camper I wanted too. I can go big here cause I got six ppl working it yall.

Get back home in just a nick of time!!!

P.S. I would probable have used the 10k & pegged a few cards too as it was the really big U-haul  8)
The truck and camper are just end of days bonuses ;D
revckd
KM4PHQ

Bellatores et Venatores in Christo
A prudent person foresees danger ahead and takes precautions. ~ Proverbs 27:12

Abigayle

« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2019, 11:59:31 AM »
RVCDKV-  I like your style, divide and conquer.  Hope your wife has spoken to you about referring to her as "the wifey". Other than that.....well done!!! Most of us live near areas where this is a doable pattern, to grab and go.  In our case, it is just the two of us, so one in the car, one in the old pickup for larger items. I think we would take that route, as it would take so long to rent the truck.  Maybe you could get the truck at Lowes or Home Depot, save a trip.  That would be better than a pickup, as someone could be unloading your purchase as you ran in to get more stuff.  This is a good plan for a family to have all worked out ahead of time.  Our kids all live a long way off.  We may have to adopt-a-sharp-shooter.....put him/her, in our playhouse ;)
Ariel

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2020, 06:27:39 AM »
And just what are you preparing for ?  How about ten things all at once !

https://www.dcclothesline.com/2020/02/18/10-plagues-that-are-hitting-our-planet-simultaneously/

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2020, 07:03:56 AM »
If you had a good credit card and a monthly check direct deposited and you knew that in 6 hours you would be Quarantined for 2 months.
What would you buy??  bump

Yes, we are thinking about the southern border," Trump said during a White House press conference about the spread of the virus. "We have received a lot of power on the southern border over the last couple of years from the courts, but we are looking at that very strongly."

The coronavirus strain known as COVID-19 claimed the first life in the U.S. on Saturday, a man in Washington. Three other people in the U.S., all on the West Coast, are confirmed to have the virus.

https://www.newsmax.com/politics/border-virus-outbreak/2020/02/29/id/956328/

A lot of fruits and vegetables come across the Southern border.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2020, 08:37:32 AM by RWS »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal