Author Topic: Size matters (Good prep shopping day - w/pics)  (Read 1041 times)

Lilburner

Size matters (Good prep shopping day - w/pics)
« on: October 17, 2019, 11:37:02 AM »
Pawn shop finds.

Seems like the longer you homestead, the bigger the tools get.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2019, 04:13:37 PM by Lilburner »
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

Starlady

Re: Size matters
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2019, 03:10:10 PM »
A big man needs a big wrench!

LOL, at 18" if I'm reading it right, I probably couldn't even pick it up.
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein

Lilburner

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2019, 03:11:57 PM »
Speaking of finds, see if you can spot what was on clearance for 80% off at Home Depot
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

Lilburner

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2019, 04:05:34 PM »
Also...

Sitting in a parking lot working on my phone and a billboard company pulls up and takes down a billboard. Asked them if I could have it. Five bucks.

Met with my realtor. He called me "resourceful". I'll take it.
~ Daniel Webster

Starlady

Re: Size matters (Good prep shopping day - w/pics)
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2019, 08:23:49 PM »
Dang, you are just rockin' it this week!

I think I'll hit my HD again and see if they also have that piping on sale, I need more!
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein

Lilburner

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2019, 08:51:44 PM »
I had to leave two rolls on the ground. Turns out I have to go in to Toccoa tomorrow, and I'll check, but won't be holding my breath. Got about 40 fittings, too, between .80 and $2. Ts, Ys, curves, caps, connectors...

Incidentally, the Toccoa Home Depot is an odd bird. I hate the inside - can never find anything, but the outside - lumber, concrete, siding, fencing, etc. is drive through. You load straight in to the truck and drive to the checkout. That's really quite nice
~ Daniel Webster

John Galt 1

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2019, 09:32:19 PM »
Yea, I've been in the Toccoa store, it's a bit dark and oddly arranged.
Talk is cheap, Actions count.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal