Author Topic: Anyone know anything about this kind of wood stove?  (Read 1335 times)

Lilburner

Anyone know anything about this kind of wood stove?
« on: October 20, 2019, 10:53:44 PM »
I've seen a picture of one before but never in person.

Is a a style or particular brand?

Anyone know anything about them?

A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

HogJowlHomestead

Re: Anyone know anything about this kind of wood stove?
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2019, 08:45:48 AM »
I had one of these don’t remember the brand. There is an internal box 2” clearence from the sides and top. Fairly thin like 14 gauge. There is steel grates on the bottom and fire bricks lining the bottom 12” above the clean out box. you can put fairly long logs in it since it is side loading. Only used it outside so not sure how well it heats. There heavy mostly because of the bricks. They can be replaced if cracked.
Psalms 127:3-5

Lilburner

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2019, 12:14:47 PM »
Thanks. I guess the side loading is why the front looks so "un-wood-stove-like".

They've been heating the house with it as the forced air heat hasn't been working.

Since I'm repairing the HVAC, I'm thinking I might pull it out to open up the room and expose the fireplace. Renters collectively aren't known for their pioneering spirit, I don't think. I'll stick it in deep storage for heat or barter.
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

workhorse

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2019, 01:25:28 AM »
used to use one in a dining hall on lake ontario it was called an "Ashley
' wood stove and it would heat real well had an electric blower on it to help radiate the heat.

florida44

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2019, 08:02:55 AM »
I know someone that uses this to heat their home and when looking at BOLs there were some that had these. They do indeed use electric or at least the ones I saw did.
Region 2
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo Galilei

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal