Author Topic: 2019 SEPN Christmas Party  (Read 4951 times)

Farside

2019 SEPN Christmas Party
« on: October 30, 2019, 03:58:35 PM »
What:
2019 SEPN Christmas Party

When:
December 7. 2019
Lunch @ 1PM
Building open at 11AM - closes at 4PM

Where:
Panola Mountain State Park
2620 Highway 155 SW
Stockbridge, GA 30281

GPS Coordinates
N 33.623400 | W -084.172800

Event Room - details and pictures at https://gastateparks.reserveamerica.com/campsiteDetails.do?contractCode=GA&siteId=1792&parkId=530183

Food:
SEPN will be providing a ham, plates and flatware. If member could bring a dish to pass, or a dessert.

If member bring a wrap gift. (bring as many gifts as member of your party)

Let us know if your going to make it. Hope to see ya'll there!!!!!
« Last Edit: October 31, 2019, 08:35:25 PM by Lilburner »

florida44

Re: 2019 SEPN Christmas Party
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2019, 06:25:19 PM »
myself and the chief will be there
Region 2
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo Galilei

Starlady

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2019, 07:27:23 PM »
I'm planning on it!

With a bunch of devilled eggs...……...a few without mayo....for Chief!
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein

8greenbeans

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2019, 12:55:26 PM »
I'll be there! Planning on a creamy berry dessert.

USMC Veteran
LEO & USAF Vet Mama
Navy MIL
Army Daughter
8 Beans + 1 BonusBean
9 GrandBeans + 1 on the way
4 Beans-in-law + 3 Future-in-laws
1 MrBeans

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2019, 01:53:26 PM »
I think I remember hearing SEPN was providing the meat.  However,  I was thinking about bringing a spiral cut ham and since they had a full kitchen, baking it in the oven.  Then it could be served a little warm.  Then we will bring an apple salad from those delicious Ellijay apples we got and maybe a vege like butter beans.

We take the spiral cut hams camping (when it is a family campout) as they are easy to feed a group with.

Farside

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2019, 04:11:54 PM »
RWS, I'm picking up a ham for the club, and a bucket of chicken. The rest sounds fantastic.

RWS

• Bugged Out
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2019, 04:53:21 PM »
OK.  I will leave off the ham and see what else I can bring.  That's why I posted it was to see if it was appropriate.

Lilburner

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2019, 06:43:18 PM »
Finally got the forum header updated.

I brought gallons of sweet and unsweet tea and lemonade to the summer event, along with cups and ice. I'll sign up for that again. Also some bottled water.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2019, 08:39:32 PM by Lilburner »
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

upacreek

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2019, 09:42:24 PM »
I'll bring some coconut macaroons, forgotten cookies, and something healthy - not sure what yet.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Rockhopper

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2019, 11:20:25 AM »
Would like to go but unfortunately will be working that day  :(

Abigayle

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2019, 02:51:17 PM »
Husband and I will be there.  I will bring homemade scalloped potatoes. Looking forward to meeting so many kindred spirits! 

RWS

• Bugged Out
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2019, 03:53:29 PM »
We have some small sweet shrub in one of out flower beds. (volunteers) The wife want to dig them up and discard.  I told her to wait and I would check & see if anyone wanted one.  I can dig it up, pot it and bring to the Christmas party.  I am told that preppers like it for some reason.  I think it is medicinal.  You can send me a PM (private message) so as not to fill up the thread.

PS:  I have had a talk with the boss and we decided on what we are bringing to the Christmas Party.
We have 2 rows of cabbage now ready so a cabbage casserole.  Then we have a 5 gal bucket full of butternut squash, so a squash/apple casserole.  Sweet with sugar and a touch of cinnamon.  Then everyone likes home made bread, so, a tray with slices of apple bread, pumpkin bread and chocolate zucchini bread.  That's all folks........

Not quite,  I potted up 5 pots of Tumeric to pass out some way.  I will let Lilburner figure that out.  Turmeric seems to do well down here.  I planted one earlier in the year, got 5 pots, broke off several more bulbs and replanted it all.  Looks like I will have a lot next year if it makes it thru the winter OK.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2019, 04:49:23 PM by RWS »

Lilburner

« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2019, 08:50:54 PM »
If I'm in charge of the turmeric, then I get some  ;)

Farside is doing the gift exchange. If I understand correctly from last year, the first round will be "white elephant" or "naughty Santa" or whatever all else people call it, with gift stealing. Then after the first round it's a straight drawing to pick something without stealing.

If no one else is claiming the oven, I will, or will set up sharing with someone timewise - or if we're heating the ham or whatever. We'll figure that out. I'm still doing the drinks, but these monster chicken pot pies have been haunting my dreams since I saw them in Costco last week. So I want to get one and cook it there. Is it an entree? Is it a side? Who cares?!
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

Lilburner

« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2019, 09:05:49 PM »
Have y'all caught on by now I take pictures of everything I encounter?

I could rival the Kardashian's Instagram - If A) I were into that, and B) People wanted to see store products, boxes, instruction sheets, legal documents, pricetags, guns, tools, farm equipment, trees, and just random weird stuff.

Thusly...

~ Daniel Webster

nj_m715

« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2019, 09:27:34 PM »
I bailed off 95 in Fredricksburg VA because of fu kien traffic and drove past this fu kien place on RT1

my wife got tired of all the fu kien jokes about the fu kien restaurant

https://ibb.co/gZBFqPR.com

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal