Author Topic: 2019 SEPN Christmas Party  (Read 4944 times)

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
Re: 2019 SEPN Christmas Party
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2019, 06:52:27 AM »
Lilburner,  I was planning on having the wife warm up the casseroles just before serving.  They will already be cooked and maybe still a little warm.  It won't take long.

PS:  We can do one dish in the crock pot.  That way we can just plug it in to warm it back up.  That will ease the oven usage some. 
« Last Edit: November 20, 2019, 07:10:34 AM by RWS »

Gunner

« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2019, 01:52:47 AM »
Id Like to toss our names into the hat.... we'd love to be there.... Looking forward to it.... can we get a listing to see what we still need … more than willing to pitch in.  We hope that everyone is doing well! Miss everyone out there!
U.S. Army Signal Corps
U.S. Army Ordnance Corps
KK4KUB
Region 7, Georgia

Farside

« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2019, 09:24:30 AM »
Didn't see any bread or rolls. But it looks like we have the rest of the basic covered. More sides and dessert wouldn't hurt. 

florida44

« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2019, 11:49:12 AM »
I will bring some rolls and a desert
Region 2
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo Galilei

RevJammer

« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2019, 11:22:50 PM »
There is a slim chance my wife and I might make the Christmas Party.  Just figured I'd drop a heads up... 

RJ

Ravenwood1950

« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2019, 01:06:29 PM »
It is with deep sadness that I have decided that I can not leave home for the length of time the Christmas get together will require.
My Mother is requiring close supervision at this time, she can't manage her medications anymore and had them really messed up until I took them over this past weekend.
She suffers from anxiety and panic attacks and can be difficult to handle when this happens.
Know that I will be there in spirit and sorry I can't come. One never knows how long care giving will go on.
Please take the time to welcome Abigail and hubby as I had hoped to attend with them since we are not too many miles apart. How nice to finally have self-sufficiency folks near me. :)
They are really looking forward to meeting everyone and I have told them what a great group of trust worthy folks we are.
Have fun Saturday everyone!
Ravenwood

ProGeek

« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2019, 05:28:17 PM »
Looks like I WILL be able to make it!   ;D   Anything else needed?   Drinks, ice, more bread and deserts? Mashed potatoes? Some other side dish? Let me know.
If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.

Lilburner

« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2019, 09:11:41 PM »
I have the drinks covered. Unless you want something other than sweet or unsweetened tea, lemonade, or water.

I see we have some rolls coming. Another kind of bread couldn't hurt. Dont' know how many are like me, but I like my ham in sandwich form.

Looking forward to seeing those who are coming! We'll miss the one who can't, and fingers crossed for the maybes (Happy Birthday RevJammer!). Looking forward, too, to meeting new friends!
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

Gunner

« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2019, 03:19:17 AM »
The wife is in Atlanta today, heading home tomorrow.... have to do all the weekly work on THIS SATURDAY, ( >:() , Plus have to work on Sunday.... not how I wanted to spend my weekend...….
U.S. Army Signal Corps
U.S. Army Ordnance Corps
KK4KUB
Region 7, Georgia

florida44

« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2019, 11:40:53 AM »
Has anyone signed up for mashed potatoes?
Region 2
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo Galilei

Farside

« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2019, 05:07:52 PM »
No. I seen scalloped potatoes, but no mushed.

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2019, 06:46:30 PM »
Third and last change.  We are now bringing a broccoli salad.  Guess what we now have fresh from the garden?  We are bringing a cabbage casserole.  Guess what we have fresh from our garden?  We will leave off the squash/apple casserole which will ease up on the oven use.  And a plate of bread, apple, pumpkin and chocolate zucchini bread. 

I hope to be there in time to help set up tables, ect. 

Searchboss

« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2019, 08:13:13 AM »
We will be bringing a desert of some kind. She has not told me what yet. We are looking forward to seeing everyone again!

Starlady

« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2019, 08:50:17 PM »
It was great to see everyone at the Christmas lunch today - sooooo much good food.  A few uncommon faces - welcome back! 

We did the 'steal' a present exchange again this year and the only present stolen was taken by a woman...…...from her hubby, LOL!  The best part......it was tools.  I'm still giggling over that.

Thanks to Lilburner & Farside for the organizing work, have a great Christmas everyone.
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein

Lilburner

« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2019, 12:43:16 PM »
Thanks to everyone who came out! Had a great time with everyone, enjoying meeting new (and old!) people for the first time, and missed those who weren't there.

After a couple events there, I think the room really works for us. Thanks to Farside for reserving it and bringing the forum-sponsored food.
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal