Author Topic: Super Cheap 3.3KWH batteries - Solar/Off grid, etc.  (Read 1276 times)

Lilburner

Super Cheap 3.3KWH batteries - Solar/Off grid, etc.
« on: November 04, 2019, 08:38:50 PM »
Samsung 48V ESS (Energy Storage System) modules $489 or less

3.3kWh 48v battery Module - Single 48v Module - https://j35.us/SamsungESS48v-single
13.6kWh 4 Module Pack kit - https://j35.us/SamsungESS

If you buy the four pack, they are crated into what doubles as a rack so you don't have to buy one. If you buy less than four, you can really just set them on whatever shelf - you don't HAVE to have a rack althought in the video he says it's "step one". Other than that, a great overview video.

These are pulls, but guaranteed for 90 days. If they hold stable for 90 days, they'll almost certainly age gracefully with no nasty surprises.

A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
Re: Super Cheap 3.3KWH batteries - Solar/Off grid, etc.
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2019, 05:58:54 AM »
That is very interesting.  I just purchased a battery bank a few months ago and am no longer looking.  My inverter will work on 60VDC with some set point changes.

Lilburner

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2019, 09:57:22 AM »
This hit me at exactly the right time. This is by far the best battery deal I've ever seen. Not quite by an order of magnitude, but it seems like it. I was looking at putting in 14 kwh or 18 kwh with two different systems I was looking at. Now I'm doing 60 for less money.

I'm buying 20, with 18 going in my system. I was going to put in 16, but while I was "sleeping on" it over the weekend I acquired two military rolling equipment rack cases at hamfest. So I bought another four pack, and I'm going to build two portable power stations. I found some super reasonable 48v DC to 120v AC rack mount inverters that should be super handy. Can't wait for the next ham club show and tell!

This is way overkill for my system, but I went overboard for two reasons. Batteries are the hardest thing to add to a system, so I can build around the extra capacity. Secondly, as they age and lose capacity, they will catch up with my needs (or more specifically, "catch down"). So in addition to the extra capacity over other options, I could potentially get double the useful life.

I'm pretty thrilled. I'm glad that the timing worked out so perfectly.
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

Lilburner

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2019, 10:50:06 AM »
It's trivial to convert these to 24V. A socket wrench and a couple cables from the auto parts store if you don't build your own. $10, maybe?

~ Daniel Webster

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2019, 12:49:54 PM »
More battery is a home solar system is very desirable.   The usual thing is for people to go cheap on their battery system.  I tell them it is OK because soon they will get to do it all over again.  Oversizing means less wear due to heavy discharge, thus extending the battery service life.

Lilburner

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2019, 09:57:56 AM »
Even cheaper, weighing in at $100/kwh are these.

Apparently they sell out very quickly, are currently sold out, and more expected

https://batteryhookup.com/products/byd-24v-lifepo4-4-4-5-kwh-battery-modules-rv-powerwall
~ Daniel Webster

nj_m715

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2019, 06:07:34 PM »
350$ to ship one and 350$ to ship 10
perfect opportunity  for group buy

nj_m715

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2019, 04:10:48 PM »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal