Author Topic: Tarp and bucket run ahead of Dec 7 Christmas Party  (Read 1428 times)

Lilburner

Tarp and bucket run ahead of Dec 7 Christmas Party
« on: November 10, 2019, 06:55:55 PM »
My "tarp guy" texted me to tell me he's got a whole bunch of new inventory. I need several for everything from a dam liner to a weed/moisture control under gravel for a lean-to so I'll be going out there in the next couple weeks.

He has the following billboard tarps:

14x48 - $40
10.5x36 - $30
12x25 - $30
20x60 - $80

That's my cost = your cost. In fact, if you find yourself wanting or having to drive into the city near the north connector split (ugh), I'll give you his direct contact info. If you'd like some for the Christmas party, let me know.

I lost my $1 bucket  hookup due to industrialization of the strawberry industry, apparently. If you don't have a Firehouse Subs near you, though, I can bring Firehouse buckets. there's a Firehouse right near me in Lilburn. They're $2.12 each. If you're not familiar and didn't see the big stack at the last campout, they're great 5 gallon buckets with removable but non-sealing lids and handles, but they smell like pickles until you air or bleach them out if you're concerned with the odor.

ETA: Here's the tarps I have so far

StarLady - 1 14x48
RevJammer - 1 10.5x36
nj_m715 - 3 14x48

« Last Edit: November 18, 2019, 07:49:16 PM by Lilburner »
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

RevJammer

Re: Tarp and bucket run ahead of Dec 7 Christmas Party
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2019, 06:59:45 PM »
I would like a 10.5x36 but don't know when I would get a chance to connect with you unless you're up near Chattanooga at any time....   I can send you the money...  I don't need it right away but would like to have one.

RJ

Lilburner

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2019, 08:30:59 PM »
I don't plan on ever being closer to you than he is.

That's with the exception of an occasional TruPrep run - once a quarter or so. Maybe you can get one of the R1 folk to be a third party intermediary to get it closer to you.
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

Starlady

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2019, 09:08:35 PM »
RevJammer, I can get it to Calhoun for ya.

Lilburner, I want one of the 14x48, please.  I'll collect it at the party (and RevJammer's too, if he wants to meet me in Calhoun).

And thanks for doing this!
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein

nj_m715

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2019, 11:05:15 AM »
looks like you could cut a 40$ tarp in half and make 2 30$ tarps

I probably wont make the party but I'd like 1 or 2 40$ tarps depending on how much room you have
I'll meet you at your convenience when ever you're passing by
I'll even throw in a nice little trailer

Lilburner

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2019, 11:51:13 AM »
Good call on cutting them in half. A new, sharp razor tracks pretty straight on them.

I'm doing a lean-to on the back of the barn for lawn mowers, tillers, etc. I want to put one down and cover it in gravel to block weeds and ground moisture. A 14x24 would be perfect, then something like 3 8x14 out of the other half for wood piles.
~ Daniel Webster

Starlady

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2019, 06:22:59 PM »
I cut all my 40s back when I first got them - make great shade cloths (with a washer) for the duck pens and great flooring for the pens, too.  Almost no shoveling, just drag the whole thing to the compost pile or garden, dump, rinse and put back down.
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein

RevJammer

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2019, 09:52:00 PM »
RevJammer, I can get it to Calhoun for ya.

Lilburner, I want one of the 14x48, please.  I'll collect it at the party (and RevJammer's too, if he wants to meet me in Calhoun).

And thanks for doing this!

Starlady, that would be awesome!  I'll be happy to meet you in Calhoun... even buy you lunch or a cup o coffee or something!

RJ

Lilburner

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2019, 04:26:15 PM »
I'm going to try to go tomorrow, so I'm going to cut the tarps off tonight or very early in the morning.
~ Daniel Webster

Lilburner

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2019, 07:50:29 PM »
I added this to the top post for my own reasons, but here's what I have so far. If I missed you, let me know!

StarLady - 1 14x48
RevJammer - 1 10.5x36
nj_m715 - 3 14x48
~ Daniel Webster

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal