Author Topic: Patriot Pantry Survival Seed Vault - "Garden in a Can"  (Read 3909 times)

Lilburner

Patriot Pantry Survival Seed Vault - "Garden in a Can"
« on: September 13, 2015, 11:42:15 AM »
I mentioned before I got one of these on a deal site, but I hadn't received it at the time.

Kind of limited review because I'm not using or even opening it, but the initial impression is "Wow!"

Whenever I'd see the ads...

It looked about the size of a large spice jar - like a thing of Lawry's. Seeds are small, so I didn't think much of it, but it's HUGE!

The can as shown weighs a little over 18 oz. Here's what it contains

Blue Lake Bush Bean - over 150 heirloom seeds
    California Wonder Bell Pepper - over 70 heirloom seeds
    Marketmore Cucumber - over 150 heirloom seeds
    Scarlet Nantes Carrot - over 800 heirloom seeds
    Parris Island Cos Romaine Lettuce - over 900 seeds
    Golden Acre Cabbage - over 530 heirloom seeds
    Detroit Dark Red Beet - over 260 heirloom seeds
    Lincoln Shell Sweet Pea - over 100 heirloom seeds
    Black Turtle Bean - over 70 heirloom seeds
    Beefsteak Tomato - over 180 heirloom seeds
    Champion Radish - over 320 heirloom seeds
    Green Sprouting Broccoli - over 500 heirloom seeds
    Waltham Butternut Winter Squash - over 100 seeds
    Bloomsdale Long Standing Spinach - over 260 seeds
    Yellow Sweet Spanish Onion - over 145 heirloom seeds
    Golden Bantam Sweet Corn - over 250 heirloom seeds
    Hales Best Cantaloupe - over 70 heirloom seeds
    Snowball Cauliflower - over 285 heirloom seeds
    Black Beauty Zucchini - over 50 heirloom seeds
    Crimson Sweet Watermelon - over 60 heirloom seeds

If you go to the site, it shows a picture of each one.

It SAYS you can open it and look inside, but I'm not going to. It says it lasts five years, and more with refrigeration. I was thinking about getting one every two years and having a rotation of three cans.

http://www.mypatriotsupply.com/Articles.asp?ID=245

If you see these on a deal site, feel free to pass it along! Now that I have it, I'd gladly pay the rather modest retail price for what it is, but a deal would be even better.
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

Starlady

Re: Patriot Pantry Survival Seed Vault - "Garden in a Can"
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2015, 02:28:39 PM »
This time of year you could get all those seeds on sale, plus more to round out the selection, pack 'em up yourself and freeze for less than $20.  THAT's a deal.
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein

Lilburner

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2015, 03:01:14 PM »
Cool.  If the overhead on that is only $10, I feel even better about it! I figured some was going to say it was more like $2 worth of seeds.

Doubly nice I got it for under $20, but I'll definitely pay the asking price next time if I need to, to keep from having to do all that other.
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

Nemo

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2015, 09:41:23 PM »
Cool.  If the overhead on that is only $10, I feel even better about it! I figured some was going to say it was more like $2 worth of seeds.

Doubly nice I got it for under $20, but I'll definitely pay the asking price next time if I need to, to keep from having to do all that other.

What he said. 

Nemo
If you need a second magazine, its time to call in air support.

Came into this world screaming, kicking and covered in someone else's blood.  Don't mind going out that way.

God made Man, Colt made him equal, Browning made that perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection to plastic fantastic junk

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal