Prepping > Homesteading

What's he BUILDING in there?

(1/2) > >>

Lilburner:
Every so often, I pick up something in town and it spends a night or two on a truck or trailer in my suburban driveway before it seemingly disappears. Barrels, IBCs, pallets, equipment - even my tractor spent an evening here.

The most ridiculous to date was when I drove my tank home from Griffin and spent the night at home. That one actually got questioned by a neighbor.

Today's entry is two commercial server racks I'm taking up tomorrow.

Whenever I bring home something weird, I'm convinced the neighbors are perplexedly asking the title line from my favorite Tom Waits song.

Abigayle:
Lilburner, Would you mind parking that tank in my front yard now and then?  I could just sit out there with a helmet and some heavy fire and keep peeking out from time to time.  Since you got it in Griffin, maybe it is still in the general area.  I am in the County and would love to have a tank.  If you could see me, you would laugh your tail off!!!  I wonder if they were serious when they said "no restrictions" on our eleven acres???

Lilburner:
Well the tank is plastic so it wouldn't provide cover.

I can't imagine too many places where 11 acres has a lot of restrictions. I'm zoned agricultural so it's pretty much anything goes.

When I built my barn I called the county and asked what it took to get a building permit.

"$25".

"Do you send out an inspector?"

"Are your setbacks right?"

"Yes"

"$25"

In stark contrast to the time I lived in city of Atlanta and spent half a day at city hall sketching scale drawings of replacement windows on to legal documents.

Life is good.

Abigayle:
We did have to get a permit for our 10x20 potting shed.  It is on concrete.  I guess if you just set something in, without nailing it down, that doesn't count.  We brought in a chicken coop and greenhouse from Southern Mo., because we had their buildings in the past.  Those, we just sat in place. Maybe it is a case of "don't ask, don't tell ;)

ProGeek:
Love the video!  8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version