Author Topic: Food Storage Weekly Challenge  (Read 50586 times)

tlwagg

Re: Food Storage Weekly Challenge
« Reply #210 on: February 01, 2021, 09:17:51 PM »
Food Storage List Six Sisters

Week 5: Oats – two  pounds per person in your family, and fill up or buy 2 more gallons of water per person

FEBRUARY: Communication, Breakfast Foods & Oats

WEEK 1 – 1. Add Items to Grab and Go Kit; 2. Create Family Communication Plan; 3. Create Evacuation Grab and Go List
"I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

"Political correctness is tyranny with manners." - Charlton Heston

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
« Reply #211 on: February 11, 2021, 09:29:44 AM »
This is a good reason to store some water in quantity.

https://twitter.com/paulsperry_/status/1359696198492442625

tlwagg

« Reply #212 on: February 11, 2021, 12:33:55 PM »

Week 6: Peanut Butter - one pound per person in your family

WEEK 2 – 1. Gather a 3-Month Supply of Breakfast Foods; 2. Gather a Supply of Long-Term Oats

tlwagg

« Reply #213 on: February 11, 2021, 12:36:27 PM »

tlwagg

« Reply #214 on: February 24, 2021, 12:16:38 PM »
Wow, I'm off to a bang up start this year. I've started a CERT course and am trying to learn Morse Code. Everything else has been on hold.let me catch you up.

Week 7: Sugar – two pounds  per person in your family
Week 8: One case of evaporated milk

WEEK 3 – 1. Clean Out Your Toothbrush Area; 2. Buy a 1-Month Supply of Dental Toiletries; 3. Organize Your Dental Toiletries
    WEEK 4 – 1. Cell Phone with Text; 2. Solar Cell Phone Charger; 3. Cell Phone Emergency Apps

tlwagg

« Reply #215 on: February 28, 2021, 12:23:09 PM »

Week 9: Three pounds of pasta (any kind)

MARCH: First Aid, Beans & Fish

WEEK 1 – 1. Resupply First Aid Supplies; 2. Clean Out and Resupply Medicines; 3. Gather Pandemic Supplies

tlwagg

« Reply #216 on: March 16, 2021, 08:39:13 PM »

Week 10: Four  jars of jam or jelly, and fill up or buy 2 more gallons of water per person

Week 11: Flour - five pounds per person in your family

WEEK 2 – 1. Gather Beans and Fish Into Your 3-Month Food Supply; 2. Make a Recipe Using Beans or Fish
WEEK 3 – 1. Buy Long-Term Beans Into Your Food Storage; 2 Buy a Pressure Cooker (Coming Soon!)

Abigayle

« Reply #217 on: March 17, 2021, 11:14:48 AM »
From what we have determined, the Insta-pot will cook the quickest with the least energy.  We have watched demos of pots being used with batteries charged with a portable solar system.  If it is storming, a charged battery or gas stove may be your only choices.  I like the Smooch rocket stove and American solar ovens, but they can only be used under the best of conditions and take time.  We have an open air covered area, and I suppose you could use your rocket stove on a porch if it is portable.
Anyone have a better idea for cooking indoors?  We did buy a camp stove with the butane.
Heads up on canning flats.  While I was placing an on line order with Walmart, I Checked out canning lids (flats).  They were 12.95 a dozen. Not long ago (last year) you could get the jar, ring and flat for that price!  Be Leary of the lids on Amazon. I bought some last year and they just don't appear to be as good.  They were under Ball lids, but I don't think they really are.  They sold in bulk, like 32.
Ariel

tlwagg

« Reply #218 on: March 22, 2021, 09:06:18 PM »

Week 12: Two large bottles of vinegar

WEEK 4 – 1. Buy Garden Seeds; 2. Add Mini-First Aid Kit, Needle & Thread, Rain Poncho & Healing Oil to 72-Hour Kit (Coming Soon!)

tlwagg

« Reply #219 on: April 07, 2021, 02:23:25 PM »
Hopefully now that my CERT course is over I won't fall behind. When I came on last week to post and the site was down so here's last weeks and this weeks.

Week 13: Two large bottles of vegetable oil

Week 14: One  case of applesauce

APRIL: Sanitation, Tomatoes & Pasta

WEEK 1 – 1. Decide How Much Pasta and Tomato Products to Store in a 3-month Supply; 2. Gather a 3-Month Supply of Pasta and Tomato Products
    WEEK 2 – 1. Make a Sanitation Cleanup Kit; 2. Study Emergency Toilets

tlwagg

« Reply #220 on: April 12, 2021, 08:17:55 PM »
Week 15: Three pounds of pasta, and fill up or buy 2 more gallons of water per person

APRIL: Sanitation, Tomatoes & Pasta

WEEK 2 – 1. Make a Sanitation Cleanup Kit; 2. Study Emergency Toilets

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
« Reply #221 on: August 22, 2022, 07:54:11 PM »
I am trying,, BUT, Below is the e-mail I got today. 

Pleasant Hill Grain Company

Your Conventional Hard Red Wheat Order
Dear xxxx,

This is an update about the Conventional Hard Red Wheat you have on backorder with Pleasant Hill Grain.
Estimated Time of Arrival
Our supplier is working hard to increase production and ship orders to their distributors just as fast as possible, but due to the extreme demand they’re experiencing and Covid-related supply disruptions, shipments to distributors have been delayed.

The estimated time of arrival (ETA) for your Conventional Hard Red Wheat to arrive at our facility is now September 30. We'll process your order ASAP once the shipment arrives, and we'll update you if there are any changes to the ETA.

Please remember, "ETA" stands for "estimated time of arrival" and this is the date that we anticipate the product will arrive at our facility.

As a reminder, you have not been charged for this preorder. Pleasant Hill Grain does not bill your account for preordered product until the product is in stock.
Processing Your Order
Once the shipment arrives at our facility it will take a few days to process your order. Once you see payment post to your account, your product should ship within 2 business days. We send a tracking number once your item ships.
Checking Order Status
If you have additional products on backorder you'll receive an update about those products in separate emails. Please watch your inbox for those updates through the next couple of weeks, and whitelist our email address info@4phg.com so our emails don't go to your Junk folder.

One of our very highest priorities is getting your items to you without a moment’s delay. Every day we do everything possible to expedite shipments from suppliers. We'll answer every question as best we can, and the fewer order-status requests we get, the more time we’ll have for actually getting your goods to you. Thank you for understanding the difficult challenges we face—we’re doing our best, for you.
Contacting Us
If you need to contact us, EMAIL is better than phone, and if you have questions about your order please check our FAQ page before contacting us.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2022, 10:35:46 AM by RWS »

Abigayle

« Reply #222 on: August 23, 2022, 09:43:49 AM »
R.W.S.  Good thing you got a price locked in.
Tomato prices for canned and fresh are going to go up around 33%, according to interviews with growers in the states.  One third is a real chuck of change, so grow all you can.  The growers claim they will only be getting five cents a pound profit.  At that rate, they may be growing other crops soon.  This increase has many causes: drought, wild fires, field worker shortages and of course the cost of fuel.  Too late in most areas to start plants if you have not already done so, but you can get extra seeds to put back.  If you grow to make sauce and ketchup along with just canning, watch for sugar sales!
Glad to see this food storage revised.  Not everyone will want everything on the list, but I for one check and recheck when it is posted.
Ariel

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal