Author Topic: Life with the Grid Down in Venezuela  (Read 120 times)

Country Singer

• Global Moderator
  • Bugged Out
  • Comms Dude
    • http://www.georgiacarry.org/
    • From Dirt Level
“Our country demands all our strength, all our energies. To resist the powerful combination now forming against us will require every man at his place.
If victorious, we will have everything to hope for in the future. If defeated, nothing will be left for us to live for.”

RWS

Re: Life with the Grid Down in Venezuela
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2019, 06:22:17 AM »
The article makes me want to install gutters on every building on the property and put a collection barrel under it.  I have not done anything like that because I feel I will get enough sun to run the well pump.  I have 2 wells, both solar powered, one is grid or solar.  They are piped together and valved so that they can both run independently or one pump can supply all of the system including watering my vegetable gardens & blueberries.

Rockhopper

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2019, 11:36:07 PM »
At least the people of Venezuela are somewhat accustomed to these third world conditions. I think people in the US are going to behave much worse when the water and power don't work here. It's going to be so much of a shock to most. Immigrants from the third world will probably transition best being more familiar with such conditions.

Abigayle

• New Bugout Bag
    • http://www.georgiacarry.org/
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2019, 10:52:05 AM »
Rockhopper, Like the lady in Ca. when store sold out of her favorite dinner rolls and bread....The storekeeper told her there was still a bag or two of flour and a few packages of yeast left, if she hurried over to that isle.  She looked at him in amazement and asked "what in the world would I do with that?".
I am glad that some of the younger generation is now getting interested in providing their own food, so they know what they are eating.  We can only pray that there is some carry over into other survival knowledge.