Author Topic: Grocery store sales to storage  (Read 2126 times)

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
Grocery store sales to storage
« on: December 27, 2019, 06:33:29 PM »
My wife likes to shop the grocery store sales.  Why not, she has the time.  Last week the grocery store had 5 lb. bag of corn meal on sale.  How long will it take for the two of us to use up 5lb.  Did not matter, it was on sale.  So this week the store has 4ea 1lb bags of corn meal on sale for $5.00.  Last year they were $1 each.  So, we have 4 more lbs of corn meal.  I figure if I remove the oxygen and lower the temperature, it should store for a while.

RWS

• Bugged Out
Re: Grocery store sales to storage
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2020, 10:40:53 AM »
Potatoes have been on sale for $2.99 for 10lb.  We are taking advantage of this price and saving off a few for longer term storage.

RWS

• Bugged Out
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2021, 10:38:51 AM »
My wife just got home from the grocery store!  She came in loaded with storage foods.  She said the store shelves are half empty.  I told her that I had heard that sometime in October all of the store shelves will be empty.  She said she does not know where she will put all of the things from the store as our storage areas are full including freezers.  I told her I would plant more plants in the garden except with all the rain it is too wet.  Maybe next week.

Abigayle

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2021, 01:46:29 PM »
News this morning that Costco orders for toilet paper may be delayed, or customers may not get the amount ordered (could go either way).  There is also a shortage of bottled water, according to the news.  I went to the Dollar Store after our morning walk and they had around a dozen.  Their freezer shelves were empty (well almost).  There was no milk.  They had one truck come full of ants and the trucks have not returned with fresh product.  We are living off what we have right now and waiting for the numbers to go down.  There were over 6,000 new cases yesterday.  The majority of those admitted to the hospital were unvaccinated, according to the hospital spokesmen.  This was Atlanta.
We lost a college friend who had it twice.  The second time was worse than the first and brought on a heart attack, which was listed as cause of death.  This information comes from other classmates back in Iowa.
Ariel

nj_m715

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2021, 03:51:03 PM »
the hospital spokesman seems to have left out some info
what is "majority"? 51%? 99%?
in israel and in Mass the "majority" cases and hospitalizations are fully vaccinated
https://www.beckershospitalreview.com/public-health/nearly-60-of-hospitalized-covid-19-patients-in-israel-fully-vaccinated-study-finds.html

he also failed to mention :
according to cdc data GA hospitalizations have been dropping like a rock for a month
down 23% in just the last week, down 38% from the peak

https://ibb.co/MD4fWHP

screen grab from
https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#new-hospital-admissions
select GA from the drop down

according to john hopkins, new cases in GA have also been dropping
https://ibb.co/ky7tdQ3

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/region/us/georgia

65% of hospitalizations are not covid,
he could have said the majority admitted were not covid

one piece of data that I can't find for some reason, is vax rate in new cases/ admissions
funny that I can't find that

I guess each state has to do their own data
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/30/cdc-study-shows-74percent-of-people-infected-in-massachusetts-covid-outbreak-were-fully-vaccinated.html

strange that right after that data was released, this happened
https://www.nbcboston.com/news/coronavirus/mass-stopped-sharing-child-covid-hospitalization-data-we-asked-why/2464814/

I just hate when talking heads use half truths to scare people or push a narrative
"we are full of unvaxxed granny killers, get vaxxed"
he could have said cases and admissions are down over 20%

if their propaganda was half true there would be no unvaxxed.
there would be vaxxed and there would be a pile of bodies

https://graphics.reuters.com/world-coronavirus-tracker-and-maps/countries-and-territories/georgia/
"COVID-19 infections are decreasing in Georgia, with 2,021 new infections reported on average each day. That’s 40% of the peak — the highest daily average reported on August 17."

dont mind me too much, comcast has been under my skin all day. all week

BennyMG1

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2021, 05:11:39 PM »
Please let me add my two cents.

I can simply speak to my corner of the world in relation to hospitalizations. I see no drop in Covid hospitalizations. If I had to guess based on approximations, I’d say that about 90% of Covid admissions have NOT been vaccinated. Today is the first day in many many many shifts that we haven’t coded (cardiopulmonary arrest) someone with Covid. The number of cases may be going down overall. However, other than no deaths in our hospital today. I’m not seeing any change.

Besides, this thread isn’t about Covid.
Trust, but verify. Russian proverb

Abigayle

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2021, 07:59:17 PM »
Since this was posted here, I would like to address it here.  Yesterday, Georgia had the highest number of new cases since last March. This came from a hospital head....so in that respect, he was a talking head. 

Gunner

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2021, 01:31:21 AM »
I have been scanning the weekly sale ads in our little local grocery store.  They are trying to keep stuff on the shelves, and yes, there are some holes... but I have been slowly working two stores to fill our dry/shelf stable food up to full capacity.  We feel that the store are keeping a good supply of the basics on hand... its a lot of the prepackaged stuff that is hurting.  so i guess spending all those years learning how to cook from scratch is finally paying off!
U.S. Army Signal Corps
U.S. Army Ordnance Corps
KK4KUB
Region 7, Georgia

Abigayle

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2021, 10:39:56 AM »
I keep some packaged things like potatoes (Idaho mashed, they have family sized) and Uncle Ben's rice and stove top stuffing. We can run the microwave for a bit, off our solar.  When we bought this house, we were told that it had a whole house generator...it doesn't, just the set up, long story, short version, we were stupid.  We have to wait six months to get the actual unit set up and go after the seller....nice... we have never done this before.  But I digress.  This week, we ate some venison soup made by cleaning off small pieces of the last of the deer last year (canned in 2020).  I threw in left bits from the garden, which was on it's last leg.  This included a few ears of corn, cabbage, broccoli, onion, garlic and a few tomatoes.  I added a little better than bullion.  Folks, it make the best soup ever.  I wondered if it was worth cleaning off those bones, and it was!  I wish I had cooked the bones to make the broth, but I didn't know if it would be worth it.  I am mentioning this here, as many of you may have access to these items...maybe finishing off last years dear, getting ready for this year...go for it! 
Another good prep people sometimes forget are the ingredients to make your own laundry soap.  This is a good time of year to make it, as the bar soap will dry out quicker when put in a big pan and tossed daily.  For those of you new to this, there are many recipes and instructions on line.  Rely on someone you already follow that has been doing it a while!
Ariel

BennyMG1

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2021, 06:12:40 AM »
I did my shopping yesterday instead of today and noticed a few things at Walmart. The first thing I noticed was that the prices are finally starting to jump. Walmart has been able to absorb some of the cost of inflation where other stores could not. It looks like they are finally having to make some adjustments. The selection and quantity of canned goods remain low. I noticed that the price on many of their canned goods have gone up by 6 cents. There’s still a few that price out at fifty cents a can, but some have jumped. I also finally noticed an increase in dry beans (all varieties) and rice. The stock on those items were way down too. One of the biggest surprises was Spam shelf. They still had all the varieties, just much less than usual. Also, the Great Value version of Spam was mostly sold out. Some other canned meat products were also running low.

I’m not sure if some of the empty shelf stuff may be due to my different shopping day or if it actually meant something. What I do know is that I’ve never seen this in my life. I read an article yesterday that said Costco was having trouble with keeping shelves stocked due to a significant increase in peo people stocking up on staple foods.
Trust, but verify. Russian proverb

Ravenwood1950

« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2021, 01:17:18 PM »
I did a stock up shop yesterday and was shocked how empty the shelves were in many departments. Only a 6 foot selection of canned fruit and a lot of the cans were dented and mostly store brand. Meat counters were well picked over, more beef than chicken available but at increased prices. The frozen food department was almost bare! I did pick up several bags of peas/carrots and mixed vegetables to process in my dehydrator and vacuum pack. I guess my next item to stock up on will be self rising flour, I like it the best as I don't have to worry about soda/baking powder going out of date; though I do have them in my pantry. Almost zero boxes of oatmeal on the shelves. It seems like what I call junk food is in good supply but the bare bones staples are low. I sure do dread the future. I am working as hard as I can to get in a fall/winter garden. I think I am going to get some PVC piping, brackets and plastic and cover two of my raised beds to create a make shift green house to keep things growing as long and as early as possible.
Ravenwood

Surveyor1

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2021, 02:29:25 PM »
Ravenwood I’m kinda surprised that you are not prepping baking soda and cream of tarter to make your own baking powder???  Stored dry and separately their shelf life is basically indefinite!
Give a man a fish and feed him a day teach him how to fish and you have a friend for life.

Surveyor1

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2021, 02:45:11 PM »
This is the best deal I’ve found for cream of tarter.  One teaspoon cream of tarter and half a teaspoon baking soda equals two teaspoons of baking powder.

https://www.amazon.com/Anthonys-Premium-Tartar-Gluten-Non-GMO/dp/B07WJWBMTS/ref=sr_1_6?dchild=1&keywords=cream+of+tartar&qid=1632854436&sr=8-6
Give a man a fish and feed him a day teach him how to fish and you have a friend for life.

Starlady

« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2021, 07:33:54 PM »
I've been in 2 WalMarts, Sam's a Kroger and a Publix in the past 6 days and have not really seen shortages of anything except chicken wings, which we know is nationwide.   Here and there, a brand totally gone but others to choose from.  The WMs even had canning jars.

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein

Surveyor1

« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2021, 10:55:01 PM »
I've been in 2 WalMarts, Sam's a Kroger and a Publix in the past 6 days and have not really seen shortages of anything except chicken wings, which we know is nationwide.   Here and there, a brand totally gone but others to choose from.  The WMs even had canning jars.

We live a pretty good ways away from any f the major population areas.  Not sure how true this is but from all accounts that I’ve witnessed so far this kinda makes sense…

When there are supply shortages the “progressive agenda” says to make sure the “populated” areas are supplied first.  F there is additional product then start supplying the stores in outlying areas and keep moving out until supplies are exhausted.  This actually makes sense.  For example:  if the shelves are empty at the Marietta Walmart they may have 50,000 people go through their doors in a week so now you have 50,000 people getting concerned.  In my Walmart they may have 2500 people go through their doors in a week so now you would have 2500 people concerned.  It’s much easier to either control or even dismiss the concerns of 2500 instead of trying to do the same for 50,000!  Not sure if you watched The Hunger Games but it’s the same concept as the different regions.  The Capital was very affluent with plenty, as you ventured out through region 1 through 12, the available items became less and less the farther out you went.  By the time you hit region 12 their citizens were pretty much destitute but they were so far removed from the capital that their voice meant nothing!  Same concept in progressivism, keep the large masses “content” and screw over the rest until everyone is screwed over.  The propaganda machine will never stop and when the large masses are being affected, the “machine” will show them how bad everyone else is off in order to appease them to say “well it’s bad but look how bad it is in other places”…. This is all by design and is being orchestrated brilliantly just as it was designed! 

I read this concept over 5 years ago and it is honestly very scary to me to actually see it unfold right before my eyes!  Over the past 5 months my prepping has accelerated at an unbelievable pace due to the fact that I Love to research and I love history!  This is not going to end well and it’s coming much quicker than I even thought was possible!  God be with us!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal