Author Topic: Roll Call January 18, 2020  (Read 126 times)

Ravenwood1950

• Bugged Out
    • http://www.arrl.org/ares
Roll Call January 18, 2020
« on: January 18, 2020, 01:15:33 PM »
Well darn it, this month is half over! Somebody slow down time so I can get something done.
I cleaned in my pantry a bit this morning and really should do a complete clean out and reorganization; but spending the afternoon stitching on my
needlework sounds so much more enjoyable. :)
I put on a pot of homemade chili for the colder temperatures headed our way and found I was using the last of my home canned pinto beans.
Another chore needing doing.
Check in with us and let us know how things are going with you.
Ravenwood

RWS

Re: Roll Call January 18, 2020
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2020, 02:05:19 PM »
Things are going well here.  We have been trimming grape vines and still have some to go to be finished for the year.  Then spread a little epsom salt,  just a little.  Time to go by the seed store and see if they have any seed potatoes.  I have been looking at the garden for when I think I can get in there and plant english peas.  Got my campground reservation for "Prepper Camp" and went to the Dr. and let him cut off a red spot on my forehead.  The blueberries are starting to bud and need some cold weather to hold them off.  Transplanting time is getting short.  All in all a pretty good week.
I just saw an early blueberry blooming.  No worry though, they will get froze off.  Actually this bush will bloom again and I will get late blueberries.  This seems to happen every year.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2020, 07:25:07 PM by RWS »

8greenbeans

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2020, 06:39:02 PM »
Going about as well as a cold rainy day can go lol Yesterday I got another couple yards spread in the coops and run after picking up Grandbean1 from school with a fever. Didn't get too terrible much done today aside from feeding the animals, measuring out garden areas, and designing the tower worm farm. Tonight we are spending time with Grandbean3 :)

USMC Veteran, USAF Mama
Army National Guard MIL
Army Daughter, Navy Niece
8 Beans
5 GrandBeans + 2 due in July
3 Beans-in-law
1 MrBeans

upacreek

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2020, 08:04:25 PM »
I haven't got much done physically.  I started up my weed whacker for the first time in a while.  It didn't start up a second time, so I have to figure out what's going on.  I'm trying to clear a path for a longer rifle range.   I took a first stab at designing my house.  First try, I kind of forgot about a front door.  Other than not getting in easily, it was perfect.  LOL  Take 2 was pretty ugly.  Take 3 took about 12 solid hours.  It's a bit bigger than what I thought I wanted, but I've gotten pretty comfy with open areas.  I haven't been in a house with just a single level for a couple decades.  It's tough to cram everything in.  Now I just need the other 99% done and I'm finished.  Piece of cake.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.