Author Topic: Wuhan virus has come to the US  (Read 27225 times)

Abigayle

Re: Wuhan virus has come to the US
« Reply #60 on: February 11, 2020, 07:56:47 PM »
From what I have read, Wuhan did not have enough staff, hospital space or equipment to care for the large population of those exposed.  Many could not get into a hospital and were turned away.  I have heard that one hospital that went up quickly was made out of storage containers.  Were these holding pens, or care facilities?  It would seem that when people needed healthy food the most, not much would be available.  This could increase the death toll, due to poor immune systems.  Being locked inside would lead to more pneumonia cases....inactivity, poor air quality.  Wuhan has so many factors that we would not see here, unless the numbers became over whelming.  Not sure about the numbers of Chinese.  It would stand to reason that many would be from the area of Wuhan, or would have visited there, possible relatives  visiting over Chinese New Year.
Ariel

tlwagg

« Reply #61 on: February 12, 2020, 08:23:56 AM »
"I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

"Political correctness is tyranny with manners." - Charlton Heston

Starlady

« Reply #62 on: February 12, 2020, 09:53:38 AM »
News articles all over the place this morning about TWO HUNDRED Georgia residents back from China who are self monitoring for the next few weeks.   Very little other info except for officials saying they didn't come from Wuhan and one guy who mentioned he & Mom are staying at Mom's in North Georgia.

Taking bets on how soon we see it here.
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
« Reply #63 on: February 12, 2020, 10:01:22 AM »
Check out the date on this story. What a coincidence.
https://www.scmp.com/news/china/politics/article/3040009/protesters-and-police-clash-southern-china-over-plans
Maybe preparing for a population reduction.  I have a hard time sometimes believing in coincidences.

tlwagg

« Reply #64 on: February 12, 2020, 10:28:28 AM »
How about this one.
https://gnews.org/106576/

RWS

• Bugged Out
« Reply #65 on: February 12, 2020, 10:32:08 AM »
News articles all over the place this morning about TWO HUNDRED Georgia residents back from China who are self monitoring for the next few weeks.   Very little other info except for officials saying they didn't come from Wuhan and one guy who mentioned he & Mom are staying at Mom's in North Georgia.

I hope I don't run into any of them at the Dalton Hamfest.
My guess 20 days.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2020, 12:59:15 PM by RWS »

tlwagg

« Reply #66 on: February 12, 2020, 06:55:06 PM »
Top CDC Doctor Warns: US Should Prepare for Coronavirus ‘To Take a Foothold’
https://www.theepochtimes.com/top-cdc-doctor-warns-us-should-prepare-for-coronavirus-to-take-a-foothold_3235970.html

Fixit

« Reply #67 on: February 12, 2020, 10:11:57 PM »
Well we had another big jump in cases again . I don't know what sites y'all are us to track the released numbers on but here's one I have been using.
http://coronavirus-realtime.com

Starlady

« Reply #68 on: February 13, 2020, 09:13:48 AM »
Apparently they have changed the reporting method - from lab test to clinical diagnosis, which WOULD jump the cases reported AND prove right those who have been saying that they have been under-reporting all along.
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein

Abigayle

« Reply #69 on: February 13, 2020, 11:07:22 AM »
The number of cases and deaths jumped dramatically this morning....Also said it is likely to increase here.  It's like we are being fed teaspoons full of information at a time.  The government has never trusted us with too much information....
Ariel

tlwagg

« Reply #70 on: February 13, 2020, 11:29:38 AM »
Only the truly clueless have believed any of the information that's been showing up in the news. Especially when they started parroting, "The flu kills more people." They won't report anything the Chinese government doesn't want them to. We already know they can't be trusted!

RWS

• Bugged Out
« Reply #71 on: February 14, 2020, 06:10:31 PM »

I hope I don't run into any of them at the Dalton Hamfest.
My guess 20 days.
Oh YES,  It does not look good.  See the wonderful test kits the CDC is using.

https://www.dcclothesline.com/2020/02/13/cdc-coronavirus-test-kits-distributed-all-across-america-found-to-produce-false-negatives/

RWS

• Bugged Out
« Reply #72 on: February 15, 2020, 09:14:10 AM »
As of this morning, John Hopkins CSSE is reporting that 1,526 individuals have died from the Wuhan coronavirus.  However, many believe that these numbers may be way understated.
One report claims that based on the number of individuals cremated every day in Wuhan, there is around 8,000 deaths from the coronavirus:

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/02/live-from-hong-kong-information-coming-out-of-china-indicates-more-coronavirus-deaths-occurring-than-being-reported/

Ready or not here it comes.  We have been seeing the signs, ie, govt. buying up all available medical supplies, calling around getting the Medical reserves up to speed.  When the military activates the Pandemic plan, then they will activate medical reserves.  When ? Don't know.  Watch, prepare & take your action stations soon.

jimLE

« Reply #73 on: February 16, 2020, 08:49:52 AM »
a Chinese woman speaking up against their government

https://mobile.twitter.com/CondorDM/status/1228823076563017728
be prepared,be worried,be careful..and watch your 6..
expect and prepare for the worst.and hope for the best..

Abigayle

« Reply #74 on: February 16, 2020, 06:04:56 PM »
R.J., would you please name the commercial supplier?  I see that 3M is working overtime, but they are holding some back for other countries (the make them here, as you probably know).
Ariel

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal