Author Topic: Wuhan virus has come to the US  (Read 27224 times)

tlwagg

Re: Wuhan virus has come to the US
« Reply #135 on: February 27, 2020, 11:34:04 AM »
Iran's vice president contracts coronavirus as country's tally spikes again
Man those first 61 people sure got around. :)
"I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

"Political correctness is tyranny with manners." - Charlton Heston

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
« Reply #136 on: February 27, 2020, 11:59:12 AM »
Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar said Thursday that at least 40 public health labs can currently test specimens for coronavirus and that could more than double as soon as tomorrow.

Azar told the House Ways and Means Committee that a newly manufactured CDC test can be sent to 93 public health labs as soon as Monday, and a privately manufactured test based on the new CDC test could be sent to those same labs as early as tomorrow, pending FDA clearance.

https://www.newsmax.com/politics/azar-coronavirus-tests/2020/02/27/id/955994/

Maybe sometime next week we will know if this thing is contained or still spreading.

Country Singer

« Reply #138 on: February 27, 2020, 06:03:04 PM »
Two items:
1) Scammers are now sending emails with Coronavirus or COVID-19 in the subject line.  As always, if you don't know who the email is from, don't open any attachments or click any links.
2) The Navy has ordered ships that have visited Western Pacific ports to remain at sea for an additional two weeks to monitor for symptoms.
ETA:
Third item:3) US Forces Korea COVID-19 Hotspot Map
« Last Edit: February 27, 2020, 07:26:05 PM by Country Singer »
“Our country demands all our strength, all our energies. To resist the powerful combination now forming against us will require every man at his place.
If victorious, we will have everything to hope for in the future. If defeated, nothing will be left for us to live for.”

Abigayle

« Reply #139 on: February 27, 2020, 08:12:18 PM »
Country Singer, Thank you for all this.  Do they know how it traveled to the base there?
Ariel

Country Singer

« Reply #140 on: February 27, 2020, 08:32:15 PM »
Country Singer, Thank you for all this.  Do they know how it traveled to the base there?

The service members are out mingling with the population regularly, no different from here in the U.S., and many of them live off post.  Also, there are Koreans that work on the bases. It was probably picked up through "incidental contact".  And everyone who's been to Korea as a member of the military is probably chuckling at my characterization of "incidental contact", especially if it was a single guy that contracted the ailment.
“Our country demands all our strength, all our energies. To resist the powerful combination now forming against us will require every man at his place.
If victorious, we will have everything to hope for in the future. If defeated, nothing will be left for us to live for.”

tlwagg

« Reply #141 on: February 28, 2020, 08:54:04 AM »

MoleStomper

« Reply #142 on: February 28, 2020, 02:18:16 PM »
Coronavirus infects woman in Japan for the second time, a first in the country

https://www.foxnews.com/health/coronavirus-infects-woman-in-japan-for-the-second-time-a-first-in-the-country

tlwagg

« Reply #143 on: February 28, 2020, 04:41:08 PM »
We're up to 62 cases I know one is in California are they both there?

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
« Reply #144 on: February 28, 2020, 06:27:05 PM »

Abigayle

« Reply #145 on: February 28, 2020, 07:14:05 PM »
Another new case in California tonight... Incubation 24 days, wow!
Ariel

tlwagg

« Reply #146 on: February 29, 2020, 11:34:18 AM »
We're up to 66 cases this morning all the new ones are on the west coast. Don't forget the Final 4 is coming to Atlanta on March 17-April 6!

8greenbeans

« Reply #147 on: February 29, 2020, 11:38:49 AM »
So, the pattern pandemics follow (posted a couple pages back) has me thinking .... People are sort of waking up - they are panic-buying in certain areas (not including locked down areas) like New Zealand. Then, what if it all does just seemingly disappear in the typical 6ish month time frame? All those currently panicked people won't continue to prepare, and won't panic {in time} the next go 'round cause they'll be thinking it's more of the same when they start hearing about covid19 outbreaks.

Right now I've finally got a couple more kids listening to me. So I'm trying to share pandemic patterns with them just in case this is a real pandemic so they will continue. But I have a nurse practitioner daughter-in-law that is sharing OLD CDC information (stuff they've already changed within this past week) and poo-pooing everything I tell other kids, making them think I'm nuts. Even when I point out its old news she just waves her hand like "I'm the nurse practitioner here, not you." Grrr

USMC Veteran, LEO Mama
Navy MIL, USAF Vet Mama
Army Daughter
8 Beans
9 GrandBeans + 1 on the way
3 Beans-in-law, 3 Future-in-laws
1 MrBeans

Abigayle

« Reply #148 on: February 29, 2020, 12:34:01 PM »
On channel five today, feature editor suggested that people not panic but store two months worth of food.  I wish I could have helped them out....she suggested a bunch of chicken breasts for the freezer.  How do you make bone broth out of that?  She did buy chips, etc. to be put back, just in case.  No cheese wrapped in wax, very little for flu symptoms except pain and fever. I would have had a bag of apples, as they keep a long time in the crisper. Don't remember what else she had.  Apple sauce and pudding would have been good snacks as they taste good when you don't feel well.
It was good to hear someone say two months for a change, instead of two weeks.  She pointed out that if nothing happens, you have these things to use. Got to thinking about buying chicken and making bone broth with the bones.  I guess peoples eyes would glaze over and half would be saying "what the he-- is that!"
8 Beans....My kids humor me.  I think they are afraid that I will take them out of the will.  When I ask them what they have put back, I get answers that reflect it being very little, or next week, when they don't have a car payment.  Next week, they will go out with friends on Friday night and forget all about it.  I hope they at least remember to wash their hands....Grrrr.
Ariel

tlwagg

« Reply #149 on: February 29, 2020, 04:00:05 PM »
If anyone is up at 2am Dr. John Campbell will be hosting a live chat for the southern hemisphere on YouTube.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal