Author Topic: Wuhan virus has come to the US  (Read 27481 times)

Country Singer

“Our country demands all our strength, all our energies. To resist the powerful combination now forming against us will require every man at his place.
If victorious, we will have everything to hope for in the future. If defeated, nothing will be left for us to live for.”

tlwagg

Re: Wuhan virus has come to the US
« Reply #361 on: March 24, 2020, 08:29:57 PM »
Unbelievable Kaiser Permanente Threatened to Fire Nurses Treating Covid-19 Patients for Wearing Their Own Masks, Unions Say
https://theintercept.com/2020/03/24/kaiser-permanente-nurses-coronavirus/

There is also a story that New York prisons aren't allowing guards to ware mask.
"I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

"Political correctness is tyranny with manners." - Charlton Heston

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
« Reply #362 on: March 25, 2020, 08:02:25 AM »
A NY Doctor shared with Hannity his Hydroxy Chloroquine/Azithromycin results.
200mg 2x daily Hydroxy Chloroquine
500mg 1x daily Azithromycin
220mg 1x daily Zinc sulfate

350 patients
• Breathing restored 3-4 hours
• Zero deaths
• Zero hospitalizations
• Zero intubations

https://therightscoop.com/new-york-doctor-says-trump-was-right-touts-fantastic-results-with-hydroxychloroquine-and-azithromycin-on-350-coronavirus-patients/

tlwagg

« Reply #363 on: March 25, 2020, 10:21:25 AM »
This sounds promising.

MoleStomper

« Reply #364 on: March 25, 2020, 01:14:09 PM »
Noon report: 1247 total cases, 40 total deaths.

221 cases added in 24 hours and 8 deaths in 24 hours.  Current mortality rate is at 3.21%.

ProGeek

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.

tlwagg

« Reply #366 on: March 25, 2020, 10:08:05 PM »
Now we know why those LA folks bought guns.

Nemo

« Reply #367 on: March 26, 2020, 09:20:47 AM »
Noon report: 1247 total cases, 40 total deaths.

221 cases added in 24 hours and 8 deaths in 24 hours.  Current mortality rate is at 3.21%.

You are dividing the deaths by total cases for a mortality rate.  Is that the correct calculation?

I look at it as the total ended cases by adding recovered cases to fatalities.  This gives the total number of those who got the disease and lived through it or died from it.   That is the number who are completed with the infection.

The total infected skews the number because the vast majority is not completed with the disease and eveyone will end up in either the survived or died column.

I cannot find a number of recovered for specific states and I think there is not enough info out yet to give a reasonably accurate number.

Using numbers from:

https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6 

updated at    Last Updated at (M/D/YYYY)   3/26/2020, 7:29:49 AM    gives US Numbers at Total Confirmed  69,197,  Total Deaths 1,046, (with state breakdown) and  Total Recovered 619.

Calculating that gives 1665 completed infections (deaths plus recovered) with 619 survivals for a survival rate of 37%.  I agree this is a skewed number because there is not a sufficient sample of completed illnesses for an accurate view.

Thoughts folks?  Should calculations be made on total active infections or (as I think) on total completed infections factoring in deaths?

I think this calculation is not being reported because the world would go wild if that type of a survival rate number were made known.

Nemo
If you need a second magazine, its time to call in air support.

Came into this world screaming, kicking and covered in someone else's blood.  Don't mind going out that way.

God made Man, Colt made him equal, Browning made that perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection to plastic fantastic junk

tlwagg

« Reply #368 on: March 26, 2020, 09:26:43 AM »
Nemo I clicked around on the counties in the Johns Hopkins map and can't see that any county is reporting a recovered case.

Nemo

« Reply #369 on: March 26, 2020, 09:53:46 AM »
It has not be in GA long enough to have someone in serious enough to require diagnosis/treatment to have made it through the infection.

I agree there may be a couple hundred thousand infections that were mild enough to not cause issues or be completely asymptomatic.  Those are unknown and cannot be included in the calculations so we can only get estimate from those at least reasonably serious.  This would make the numbers down into the under 1% rate like the general flu numbers.

Either way, I think this whole thing is at least a half a bucket bigger than the general numbers being publicized.

Nemo

Came into this world screaming, kicking and covered in someone else's blood.  Don't mind going out that way.

God made Man, Colt made him equal, Browning made that perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection to plastic fantastic junk

tlwagg

« Reply #370 on: March 26, 2020, 10:19:47 AM »
The thing is we really don't know how long it's been here. We could have had thousands with mild cases, and people thought it was the flu and recovered, never giving it a second thought. Now they think this virus started in November who knows when it really started. I was first reported in December. Plenty of people died from the flu and pneumonia this flu season was it really Covid-19?

Nemo

« Reply #371 on: March 26, 2020, 12:48:33 PM »
More info.  Just found this discussing Case Fatality Rate

Nemo

https://www.statnews.com/2020/02/13/case-fatality-rate-coronavirus-severity/

Watch: Why reports about coronavirus death rates can be misleading

By Hyacinth Empinado @sayhitohyacinth
February 13, 2020   

CLICK LINK ABOVE TO WATCH THE 1:18 VIDEO

When a new disease starts to spread, the most pressing questions are: How deadly is this? And how many people are likely to die?

One way to measure the severity of disease is by calculating the case fatality rate, or CFR.

Watch the video above to find out more about how CFR is determined and how this relates to Covid-19, the disease caused by the new coronavirus.

tlwagg

« Reply #372 on: March 26, 2020, 08:24:19 PM »
All Atlanta channels now airing Governor's Town Hall.

tlwagg

« Reply #373 on: March 27, 2020, 06:47:11 PM »
Our neighbor just showed back up. Her parents moved several years ago and left the house to there kids who were still in collage. The son moved two years to Florida with his parents leaving only the daughter who we don't see a lot of. I later found out she had been in LA liked California, we thought she was there. She handed my hubby the a stack of our mail today and told him she had been in New York and got out just ahead of the quarantine. Looks like we have to start counting the days again.

Starlady

« Reply #374 on: March 27, 2020, 07:48:37 PM »
Oh how stupid!  I'm sorry you have to do this.
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal