Author Topic: A Coming Pandemic? What will you need to stock up on?  (Read 5958 times)

Abigayle

Re: A Coming Pandemic? What will you need to stock up on?
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2020, 01:44:41 PM »
I have no idea about the packaged veggies.  I am guessing that the virus would not live as long, but what if the moisture/plastic combination creates a Petri dish type of scenario?  Maybe that is far fetched....
There have been a one in fifty death rate, compared to the two common flu strains of one in like, 800, something like that...
Another thing that is worrisome is the spread to so many countries now.  In Ga. there are so many flight attendants and pilots living here, near the airport.  A good friend of mine flies into Germany, Italy and France every week.  I hate treating her like Typhoid Mary.
Ariel

cope

« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2020, 03:25:25 PM »
you should have all this stuff anyway if you're a prepper. So for me nothing new.

Abigayle

« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2020, 05:00:14 PM »
Chris Martenson, cell toxicology expert is saying this is like no other virus, pointing out that it is non-symptomatic, stage.  Missing many cases.  Next 14 days will be very critical. We won't know what happened yesterday, for fourteen days.....I am thinking Super Bowl.  Praying for the best, prepared for the worst.  Never can be completely prepared, but constantly stepping it up a notch.  Agree with Cope...

aces

« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2020, 03:58:29 PM »
From my friend, Cheryl in Texas, attached is a checklist for pandemic virus (really a general prep checklist and not just for this event.)
Most of us have most of this handled, but it might be a good reference for others around us if you want to use a current event to bring up prepping.

Besides the corona virus, this has been a bad flu season anyway.  One of my co-workers has had the flu this week for the 3rd time in 4 months!
She did not get her flu shot in September before the first round, and the 2nd round was shortly after the first and her flu shot.

tlwagg

« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2020, 12:43:44 PM »
I think this is a good chance to identify holes in my preps. The thing I've found I need to work on is additional dried vegetables. I have some but as I made soup last night I found I need a bigger verity of dehydrated vegetables. I want to be able to make all our favorites.
"I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

"Political correctness is tyranny with manners." - Charlton Heston

Abigayle

« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2020, 10:02:32 PM »
My dehydrated carrot slices, mushrooms, green beans and small sliced tomatoes all held up well for over a year, retaining their flavor.    They may go longer, but I rotate so can not say for sure.  Onion slices do well also.  If you are making soup, using something like chicken, add them late, since you will be cooking slowly for a period of time.  I have a gas stove, but if we have to go a long time, I can cook many good meals in a solar over, smoker or grill.  There is always a way, it is a personal choice as to what works best, when...  Good luck!
Ariel

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2020, 06:11:57 AM »
https://www.intellihub.com/who-director-general-tweets-we-are-mobilizing-the-un/

OH,  This could get interesting !

Nothing but trouble where ever they go...

ProGeek

« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2020, 07:39:51 PM »
As for face masks, there are N95/N100's or Curad Antiviral Face Mask. Curad masks are out of stock everywhere. The Curad masks inactive the flu virus.
If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.

ProGeek

« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2020, 07:46:47 PM »
If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.

RWS

• Bugged Out
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2020, 06:00:45 AM »
Containment in China has Failed !

The number of people under quarantine lock down in China now exceeds the entire population of the United States of America.

https://www.dcclothesline.com/2020/02/11/beijing-falls-to-coronavirus-capital-of-china-locked-down-under-pandemic-quarantine/

RWS

• Bugged Out
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2020, 06:06:10 AM »
Supply Chain interruptions coming WHEN ?

As the manufacturing powerhouse to the world, you’ll be challenged to think of ANY industry that won’t experience serious supply chain interruptions and shortages from China’s woes. For instance, did you know China makes the vast majority of our prescription pharmaceuticals?

https://www.dcclothesline.com/2020/02/10/expect-cascading-global-impact-as-coronavirus-causes-massive-manufacturing-disruptions-worldwide/

Generics made in China.......Brand name in US ? ?

RWS

• Bugged Out
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2020, 07:33:12 AM »
Unfortunately, what we have witnessed so far is just the beginning.
We are only in the leading edge of “the perfect storm”, and the great challenges that are still ahead of us will shake everyone to the core.

https://www.dcclothesline.com/2020/02/10/even-the-mainstream-media-is-now-admitting-that-humanity-is-facing-a-perfect-storm/

RWS

• Bugged Out
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2020, 09:37:29 AM »
11  quarantine facilities being set up.  Now we see the need for medical Reserve callup.

"Is this an indication that the threat that this virus poses to our country is far greater than we are being told?
The Department of Defense has released a statement about this new program, and in that statement the 11 military bases were specifically identified…"

JB Pearl Harbor-Hickam, HI (HNL)
Great Lakes Training Center Navy Base, IL (ORD)
Naval Air Station Joint Reserve Base, TX (DFW)
March ARB, CA (LAX)
Travis AFB, CA (SFO)
Dobbins ARB, GA (ATL)
Fort Hamilton, NY (JFK)
Naval Base Kitsap, WA (SEA)
Joint Base Anacostia, DC (IAD)
Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst, NJ (EWR)
Fort Custer Training Center (DTW)

I see Dobbins AFB made the list.  Excuse me Dobbins ARB.  Is that Army Reserve Base?
Then it must be Air force Reserve Base....
https://www.dcclothesline.com/2020/02/11/heres-a-coronavirus-reality-check-the-u-s-government-is-setting-up-11-military-bases-as-quarantine-centers/
« Last Edit: February 12, 2020, 12:53:09 PM by RWS »

ChristianJ

« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2020, 06:37:06 PM »
As for face masks, there are N95/N100's or Curad Antiviral Face Mask. Curad masks are out of stock everywhere. The Curad masks inactive the flu virus.

There is still time to get the masks, apparently. I went to Walmart and got the last 2 boxes of N95 masks, 5 masks per box, $15 per box. I think that is a pretty fair price, and not overly inflated. I think.
Christian pastor & theologian

aces

« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2020, 12:06:30 PM »
Dobbins is mainly an Air Force installation although it has a few Navy personnel and allows intraservice flights including Air Force One when the Pres. or VP visits Atlanta.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal