Author Topic: A Coming Pandemic? What will you need to stock up on?  (Read 5960 times)

Abigayle

Re: A Coming Pandemic? What will you need to stock up on?
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2020, 11:24:07 AM »
Fifteen thousand plus new cases in China in twenty-four hours.  New case in TX. today and C.D.C. saying it is likely to spread, taking a foothold in the U.S. . Two hundred eighteen on ship off Japan.
Ariel

upacreek

« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2020, 11:08:00 PM »
I grabbed a few big plastic rolls today at Walmart.  They were on sale for $5 in the weather-proofing section.  I used them up north to winterize our windows.  They work great.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2020, 06:23:49 AM »
I guess I am lucky that I am retired and do not have to go to work....   I have been stocking up every chance I have.  Looks like it will soon be time to lock the gate and stay home for a while.

I read an article that said there was a shortage in Hong Kong of food, TP & condums.  Well at my age I don't have to worry with condoms any more, so I stocked up extra TP.  I have noticed the paper suppliers marketing people are pushing a lot of paper towel & TP sales in the grocery stores lately.

https://www.dcclothesline.com/2020/02/15/us-military-pandemic-plans-activated-nation-must-prepare-for-thousands-of-cases-of-the-coronavirus-to-arrive-warns-biowarfare-expert/

tlwagg

« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2020, 12:14:17 PM »
I just realized I should have posted this here.

I don't know if this has been posted yet but: The Coronavirus Outbreak Could Affect the Availability (and Cost) of THESE Essential Products from China
https://www.dcclothesline.com/2020/02/12/the-coronavirus-outbreak-could-affect-the-availability-and-cost-of-these-essential-products-from-china/
If you need anything you might want to get it now.
"I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

"Political correctness is tyranny with manners." - Charlton Heston

RWS

• Bugged Out
« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2020, 01:28:08 PM »
I just placed (yesterday) a solar material order for my friend in NC.  We had planned to install a second solar panel array this Spring.  I had already sent him a charge controller and he has it mounted.  I was concerned about product availability.  I put him on to some solar panels on Craigs list in the Asheville area Friday.  I did not order the panel hold down clamps until I know which panel we will be using because different thicknesses panels take different clamps.  Well end clamps anyway.
I will call him on the phone Monday AM and go from there.  Last time I talked to him he was expecting snow the next day.  I believe N. Ga. got a little bit of it also.

aces

« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2020, 07:47:48 PM »
It is disturbing how many medical items were on the list of things that could run short. 

More disturbing is this report about the World Economic Forum running an eerily similar drill in October that is now playing out in real life, and the Chinese were monkeying with a virus being developed for a vaccine.

https://www.independentsentinel.com/chinese-coronavirus-outbreak-leads-to-more-questions-than-there-are-answers/

Per ThePropagandaReport.com, the pandemic could be used as an excuse to suppress our rights and tightly control the media.

tlwagg

« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2020, 08:57:51 AM »
I just thought I'd add thermometer covers to the list. I picked up a bunch a couple of weeks ago. I even have one thermometer per person JIC. If no ones thought of them yet there still may be some left in the stores.

BennyMG1

« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2020, 09:09:15 AM »
If you can possibly get the old style thermometers, get them! No batteries.
Trust, but verify. Russian proverb

tlwagg

« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2020, 09:17:41 AM »
I have several old style thermometers and I stock tons of batteries too. I found a big sheet of several different kind of coin and mini batteries at Tractor supply and added it to the cabinet. I don't know if they still carry them but it was a nice selection.

tlwagg

« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2020, 11:01:20 AM »
I have been thinking about my original list and what kind of medical equipment you might need. If you have to take care of a family member at home.

Pain relievers, cough and cold medicine, stomach medicine, including anti-diarrhea, vitamins, soap, sanitizer, bleach, cleaners, toilet paper, paper towels, Kleenex, Prescription medication, Gatorade, trash bags, rubber gloves, mask, plastic sheeting, duct tape. For babies diapers, and Pedialyte and and Pedialyte frozen pop are good. If you don't have something like a Tyvek suit you can use trash bags to cover your clothes.

Medical equipment: thermometer, thermometer covers, pulse oximeter, stethoscope (as talked about on Wuhan virus has come to the US), maybe BP cuff.

I have all kind of things I've saved from previous illnesses or injures. Any other ideas about which medical equipment should be added to the list? We will need to get it soon or maybe not at all.

aces

« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2020, 11:02:11 AM »
Replying to last 2 comments

Keeping coin and watch batteries from Harbor Freight too.  Paid a few times lately with girlfriends who brought me their watch and especially for one who needed it for her blood sugar meter after she got out of the hospital, and time was of the essence. However you need a chart of the different sizes and voltages of each and what each brand's code for it it is.  It may be LR44 in a famous brand and SR44 in another Japanese brand.  I cannot provide link at this moment, but you can get it on "Giggle" as my husband calls it.
Get hearing aid batteries if a need in your extended famly.

I realized I need watch opening tools for better watches since my husband could not open an OLD Japanese watch. 

Depends on one's needs of family needs, but Ihave bedside potty, crutches, quad cane from accident recovery and a bath chair just in case since my shower is not walk in. 
« Last Edit: March 05, 2020, 11:31:32 AM by aces »

tlwagg

« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2020, 11:27:04 AM »
Tractor Supply used to carry big cards of AG-13, CR2032, CR2025 AND CR2016 a pack of 50 for $5.99. I store others too.

aces

« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2020, 11:36:36 AM »
Thanks, and the C's (coin) are not different among brands but AG13 is 1 brands code.  If someone asks for or shows you one of similar size, you have to know its equivalents.  I write them on the back of the pack so my Luddite husband does not have to find the printed chart he cannot stand for small print.  It helps "get 'er done" much faster!

tlwagg

« Reply #43 on: March 05, 2020, 11:40:21 AM »
This is a good place to print "Cross-Reference Battery Charts". https://www.batteriesandbutter.com/CHARTS.html

RWS

• Bugged Out

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal