Author Topic: A Coming Pandemic? What will you need to stock up on?  (Read 2321 times)

Abigayle

Re: A Coming Pandemic? What will you need to stock up on?
« Reply #45 on: March 06, 2020, 07:27:19 AM »
Tlwagg, you might want to add to your list and Eppi pot (they come with salt), or camphor  oil (not sure I spelled it right) that can be added to a humidifier near a bed.  There are other essential oils helpful, that can be used such as lavender (I don't care for that fragrance myself). Frankincense . Tea Tree oil is another good one, maybe the best.  Others on here may have better ideas.  Make some 4 thieves, it will take a month to be ready!
Ariel

Starlady

• Bugged Out
  • Region 1 Leader
    • http://www.georgiacarry.org/
« Reply #46 on: March 06, 2020, 07:53:05 AM »
Tea Tree oil in the air will sicken dogs, not sure about cats.
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein

tlwagg

« Reply #47 on: March 06, 2020, 09:11:28 AM »
I'll add those but I'm allergic to tea tree oil. We have some because my husband used to use it. If anyone is interested I had sinus surgery some years back and had to make a saline solution to wash my sinuses with. I guess it's the same as the bottles of Ocean you can buy OCT. I still use it from time to time. I wonder if this saline has any effect on the virus.
[quote
1. Clean quart jar. I'm sure all or us caners know how to do that. Then fill with bottled water. You do NOT have to boil the water.
2. Add 2-3 heaping teaspoons of pickling or canning salt. Do NOT use table salt because it contains additive.
3. Add 1 rounded teaspoon of baking soda (pure bicarbonate)
4. Store at room temperature and shake or stir before each use.
5. Mix a new batch weekly.[/quote]

I use a Waterpik with a special tip that the doctor gave me. I have also used it to refill the Ocean bottles.
"I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

"Political correctness is tyranny with manners." - Charlton Heston

tlwagg

« Reply #48 on: March 06, 2020, 09:28:28 AM »
Updated List:
Pain relievers, cough and cold medicine, stomach medicine, including anti-diarrhea, vitamins, soap, sanitizer, bleach, cleaners, toilet paper, paper towels, Kleenex, Prescription medication, Gatorade, trash bags, rubber gloves, mask, plastic sheeting, duct tape. For babies diapers, and Pedialyte and Pedialyte frozen pop are good. If you don't have something like a Tyvek suit you can use trash bags to cover your clothes.

Medical equipment: thermometer, thermometer covers, pulse oximeter, stethoscope (as talked about on Wuhan virus has come to the US), maybe BP cuff. Eppi pot, vaporizer

Essential oils: Lavender, Frankincense, Tea Tree oil
« Last Edit: March 06, 2020, 10:17:11 AM by tlwagg »

Abigayle

« Reply #49 on: March 06, 2020, 10:47:18 AM »
Tea tree hasn't bothered our Doberman, but then, it is a pretty big space, so I guess she can move away from it.  Sometimes, I run it in the bedroom.  She sleeps on a mat outside the bedroom door.  Sheba is 12 1/2, and her flatulence is more than a little annoying.  Actually, it may be able to kill any virus in the room.  She also dreams...chases rabbits and growls in her sleep.  I am a light sleeper.

jimLE

• Bag Half Empty
    • day to day preppers
« Reply #50 on: March 06, 2020, 04:45:08 PM »
did my primary shopping for the month,today.got some meds and cleansers already.but need more of each.
be prepared,be worried,be careful..and watch your 6..
expect and prepare for the worst.and hope for the best..

tlwagg

« Reply #51 on: March 07, 2020, 12:20:52 PM »
I know we've posted this before but in case you didn't get your wipes this will show you how to make them.
https://www.homemadeinterest.com/three-homemade-cleaning-wipes-recipes/

Abigayle

« Reply #52 on: March 12, 2020, 11:37:13 AM »
Message from Dr. Fauci "testing is failing, no tests in the right place at the right time" C.D.C. only sent out 100, and those failed.  More are available now, but not enough... Watching how many look well, but testing positive. Let's hope that our heat and high humidity will help.  There is just no way to know...
Ariel

Starlady

• Bugged Out
  • Region 1 Leader
« Reply #53 on: March 12, 2020, 12:17:12 PM »
Heads need to roll over this - someone has made some bad decisions and we need to know why.  As of 2 days ago I was still seeing recent articles that we weren't screening those from Italy, and we are STILL waiting on test results from those submitted on Sunday!  WTH?
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein

Abigayle

« Reply #54 on: March 12, 2020, 06:39:16 PM »
Star Lady, That is just crazy!  I knew it was going on a few weeks ago, but now!!! Also, why exclude the U.K.?  They have lots of cases.  I have asked every nurse that I know in our area.  No one knows if they have test kits.  They have only been told that no one can get a test, just by asking, but no one has told anyone that I asked, that they have them.  I was very suspicious yesterday and today, when the numbers were not changing from midnight, the day before.  Air strikes just starting, I think it is in retaliation of the bombing...no information, but if you turn on FOX, it will be on next, if you see this.....one more thing....
Ariel

Starlady

• Bugged Out
  • Region 1 Leader
« Reply #55 on: March 12, 2020, 06:50:26 PM »
The UK was exempted because they did shut down or start serious screening long before most EU nations, who just let anyone go anywhere.  I just found out that they agreed to serious passport inspections to exclude EU folks from jumping to the UK and then coming over.

I haven't checked today but Aurora Intel on Twitter said yesterday, it wasn't us that did the strikes....but the jets came thru/over Jordan so, Israel?

Abigayle

« Reply #56 on: March 13, 2020, 10:33:43 AM »
Thought we took credit for it yesterday.  The order came from the President.  Unless I came in on the end of an announcement and it was the President of another country.  N.Y. just starting drive by testing.  This well be very telling! They are running six lanes at a time.
Ariel

tlwagg

« Reply #57 on: March 13, 2020, 02:11:38 PM »
Updated List:

Pain relievers, cough and cold medicine, stomach medicine, including anti-diarrhea, vitamins, soap, sanitizer, bleach, cleaners, toilet paper, paper towels, Kleenex, Prescription medication, Gatorade, trash bags, rubber gloves, mask, plastic sheeting, duct tape. For babies diapers, and Pedialyte and Pedialyte frozen pop are good. If you don't have something like a Tyvek suit you can use trash bags to cover your clothes.

Medical equipment: thermometer, thermometer covers, pulse oximeter, stethoscope (as talked about on Wuhan virus has come to the US), maybe BP cuff. Eppi Pen, Neti Pot, vaporizer

Essential oils: Lavender, Frankincense, Tea Tree oil

I just noticed I somehow chopped off pen, neti. Sorry :-[

aces

• Bag Half Full
« Reply #58 on: March 13, 2020, 05:15:54 PM »
As I learned this week and last week with  2 different folks, if any serious wounds or surgery going on, betadine (had that), crutches ( had cane but not enough for my husband's condition and not often found at thrift stores - expensive when bought at drug stores.)  If elderly or infirm, a bath chair if they cannot stand in the shower or only have a tub shower facility.  Could need a portable toilet chair bedside if they cannot walk to the bathroom. 

We had the potty, but not the bath chair.  Sometimes Medicare will cover this equipment if medically necessary. 
« Last Edit: March 14, 2020, 12:02:20 AM by aces »

Starlady

• Bugged Out
  • Region 1 Leader
« Reply #59 on: March 14, 2020, 05:18:49 PM »
Question for our health professionals:

I read several non-verifiable reports (someone said a friend of a friend, etc.) this morning that we shouldn't take ibuprofen or naproxen sodium or cortisone pain relievers if we get this as they seem to worsen the condition.  Basically, don't take any inflammation fighting drug.....only take paracetamol (we call it acetaminophen,  the ingredient in Tylenol)

Late this afternoon, I see the French Minister of Health is issuing that warning. (Yahoo News)   India is curbing it's export and the UK's Boris Johnson is getting stockpiles of it.  You can see that info with any google search.

Have you heard from reliable people about this?

Because, darn it, I love my Aleve!