Author Topic: A Coming Pandemic? What will you need to stock up on?  (Read 6006 times)

BennyMG1

Re: A Coming Pandemic? What will you need to stock up on?
« Reply #60 on: March 14, 2020, 05:37:26 PM »
I haven’t heard anything to that effect.
Trust, but verify. Russian proverb

tlwagg

« Reply #61 on: March 14, 2020, 05:53:23 PM »
Starlady Dr John did a youtube video on this. I'll look for it after dinner. He mentioned the body uses fever to fight infection. So he prefers not to bring down the fever.
"I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

"Political correctness is tyranny with manners." - Charlton Heston

Starlady

« Reply #62 on: March 14, 2020, 06:01:07 PM »
I found one report that says the NSAIDS slow down the immune system but there's not much else out there.
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein

Ravenwood1950

« Reply #63 on: March 14, 2020, 06:42:43 PM »
Bed side commodes and shower chairs can often be obtained at yard sales for cheap. Not useful at this point, but file it away for the future.
Plus shower chairs make great chairs to use in the garden for older folks as they are working. Sit and bend over to weed/plant and the sturdy back
helps you get up more easily.
Ravenwood

tlwagg

« Reply #64 on: March 14, 2020, 11:55:54 PM »
Hey Starlady I think this is the one that explains the use of the drugs.

Country Singer

« Reply #65 on: March 15, 2020, 09:33:57 AM »
I'm told this is an excellent book (also, it's free on kindle) for those of us with some time on our hands in the coming weeks: A Journal of the Plague Year by Daniel Defoe.

Here's the wikipedia page on the book.

Definitely prepper reading, I'll put it in the books section as well.

“Our country demands all our strength, all our energies. To resist the powerful combination now forming against us will require every man at his place.
If victorious, we will have everything to hope for in the future. If defeated, nothing will be left for us to live for.”

Starlady

« Reply #66 on: March 15, 2020, 10:10:11 AM »
Thanks, tlwagg,  I watched at 4am (free bandwidth).  His explanations are easy to follow but he's  dry? boring? horrible delivery?  So ,his advice is for an adult is to NOT take a fever reducer, just let it burn itself out.  Radically different.  I wonder if underlying conditions (which, as someone pointed out last week, is just about every adult over 55) come into play.
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein

Abigayle

« Reply #67 on: March 15, 2020, 11:16:50 AM »
I have always done this to a certain extent.  My grandmother practiced this method.  She also gave me some kind of onion/honey/whiskey drink as a kid.  It's surprising how many of our grandparents were thinking are now coming full circle.
Ariel

Country Singer

« Reply #68 on: March 15, 2020, 01:10:17 PM »
It sounds like the time-honored technique of bundling up in bed to literally "sweat it out".
“Our country demands all our strength, all our energies. To resist the powerful combination now forming against us will require every man at his place.
If victorious, we will have everything to hope for in the future. If defeated, nothing will be left for us to live for.”

tlwagg

« Reply #69 on: March 15, 2020, 01:16:08 PM »
I had E-coli once. I stopped sweating in out when I hit 105.6. Man I never want to do that again. The good news is that this virus doesn't give you a really high fever.

aces

« Reply #70 on: March 15, 2020, 01:45:38 PM »
New meme from FB that finally made my husband laugh since he is tired of the media and being forced to stay home all week by knee repair surgery instead of his wife. 

Duct tape on a toilet paper holder
Caption:  Wash and wax

We have enough for a month to 6 weeks but getting calls from elderly family members who cannot go out and 1 visit from a neighbor who watches me carry in big bags and boxes in my small home.  Sharing and rationing !

ProGeek

« Reply #71 on: March 17, 2020, 10:04:22 PM »
I found one report that says the NSAIDS slow down the immune system but there's not much else out there.

Starlady is right! Tylenol is the go to fever reducer for Flu or Corona.
If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal