Author Topic: First Aid Kit Recommendation  (Read 1150 times)

tlwagg

First Aid Kit Recommendation
« on: February 02, 2020, 12:23:11 AM »
Does anyone have a recommendation for a good large first aid box or bag? I've been using a Plano 1349 Magnum Tackle System box but the latch broke on it. I like it because it has lots or compartments that make things easier to find when you need them fast. It's also waterproof. The thing I don't like is it's heavy.
"I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

"Political correctness is tyranny with manners." - Charlton Heston

Country Singer

Re: First Aid Kit Recommendation
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2020, 11:22:47 AM »
How big do you want?  Maybe Rockhopper will chime in as well, he has a roll-up system that he showed at a camp out; I don't remember if you were there for that one.

I think it was this model: Bug Out Rolls from Canadian Prepper
“Our country demands all our strength, all our energies. To resist the powerful combination now forming against us will require every man at his place.
If victorious, we will have everything to hope for in the future. If defeated, nothing will be left for us to live for.”

cope

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2020, 11:28:14 AM »
https://www.galls.com/dyna-med-air-medical-trauma-bag?PMWTNO=000000000002156&PMSRCH=

is what I still use from my days as a first responder and emt.
Galls has all sorts of bags though.

BennyMG1

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2020, 08:57:35 PM »
I’ve lugged around that big orange heavy EMS box for years and even though I liked the organization, I’d grown to hate the awkwardness of dragging it around. I recently switched to a medium sized red gym bag. I LOVE it. Use what you are comfortable with. The key is to learn where things are in whatever you use. Don’t just pack it and put it on a shelf.
Trust, but verify. Russian proverb

Lilburner

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2020, 10:45:13 AM »
I've got a Voodoo tactical deluxe medical field kit I like. I made the decision to go with a big bag and carry it everywhere instead of supplying two distinct sets of first aid supplies.

Guess it must have gotten popular, though. I gave $86,and now I'm seeing them for $130-$150.

I liked Rockhopper's kit as well. The rollouts are a real boon to organization.

If I needed one today, I'd at least look at skinnymedic's site to help support an active prepper and educator. https://medicalgearoutfitters.com
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

tlwagg

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2020, 12:11:47 PM »
I've been looking at his stuff. I can't decide.
"I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

"Political correctness is tyranny with manners." - Charlton Heston

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal