Author Topic: Show Your Love 💓  (Read 1043 times)

tlwagg

Show Your Love 💓
« on: February 14, 2020, 11:09:27 AM »
Hubby had a incident in his workshop two week ago and walked through the house looking for a first aid kit. (Even thought there is one in the stairway leading up from the basement.) I was at CVS getting a prescription filled for him when I noticed some small empty first aid bags. I thought it would be a good thing to make one up for his workshop. I also thought I should check all of our first kits and replace anything expired, open some alcohol wipes and make sure they haven't dried out, and maybe replace the gloves. I think picking one day a year will help me remember and since Valentines Day was close I thought why not. So if you haven't checked your first aid kit in the last year Show Your Love and do now. 💓
"I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

"Political correctness is tyranny with manners." - Charlton Heston

BennyMG1

Re: Show Your Love 💓
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2020, 11:40:09 AM »
This is a good idea. I changed primary first aid kits over to a different bag and noticed there were several items such as alcohol preps, wet naps and specialty bandaids that were packed over ten years ago.
Trust, but verify. Russian proverb

tlwagg

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2020, 01:28:56 PM »
I used to teach the first aid merit badge once a year at our troop, so I always checked it then but I've been out of scouts for a few years.
"I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

"Political correctness is tyranny with manners." - Charlton Heston

elandil

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2020, 01:30:53 PM »
Having an annual check day is a really good idea. Mine tends to be every November during Open Enrollment for our insurance. They usually do a vendor day where the different companies come in to let us know what changes are coming (and convince us to choose their plans, of course). They always being swag like the pocket first aid kits, branded bandaid holders, etc. I usually talk to a few of my co-workers and get the stuff they don't want. Great to keep in handy places then keep a few bigger IFAKs/FFAKs in strategic spots. I normally take that time to check mine and rotate stuff.
http://www.georgiacarry.org Member and Recruiter

Lord if today is truly the day that You call me home, let me die in a pile of brass.

KM4CUY

R-1

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal