Author Topic: Salad dressing from bittter orange  (Read 921 times)

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
Salad dressing from bittter orange
« on: February 17, 2020, 09:34:14 AM »
Last week I read an article that said there were three things to eat to help get me get thru the corona virus.
https://www.dcclothesline.com/2020/02/12/weve-already-identified-three-natural-molecules-that-inhibit-coronavirus-replication-in-the-body-and-they-dont-come-from-big-pharma/
So I made some bitter orange last Friday and let it soak over the weekend. pic 1
This morning I got out the blender while the wife was busy in the other room.  I could hear the sewing machine humming.  I found some olive oil and some grape seed oil and an open pack of Italian salad dressing seasoning.  I put the bitter orange, some olive oil (did not measure), some grape seed oil (more than olive oil), and 3 whopping table spoons of sugar.  I think honey would work also or both.  I turned the blender on to puree for 30 sec or so and "I have dressing". pic 2
For lunch today I am having soup & salad and a tumeric pill.  My flack seed crackers are on order from the web.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2020, 09:46:15 AM by RWS »

RWS

• Bugged Out
Re: Salad dressing from bittter orange
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2020, 01:30:03 PM »
I heard the bread machine running this morning.  I like to hear the bread machine running.  This morning the wife made orange sour cream rolls.  I think it might be because I wanted her to eat some orange peals and this recipe calls for zest of orange. (grated orange peals)

tlwagg

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2020, 04:02:05 PM »
That looks good! You should post the recipe.
"I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

"Political correctness is tyranny with manners." - Charlton Heston

RWS

• Bugged Out
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2020, 04:37:22 PM »
That looks good! You should post the recipe.
Well easier said than done.  The recipe came from Southern Living magazine 1982 page 162.  It is 3 pages and has several variations.  The orange rolls are just one.  Let me look on line and see if I can find the article and I will post a link.  Baring that maybe I can photocopy and send it to you via Spring campout.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal