Author Topic: Members Preps/area reports on available goods  (Read 56324 times)

Abigayle

Re: Members Preps/area reports on available goods
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2020, 10:41:32 AM »
Big Box Stores are reporting today that they may be asking for 80 containers of many items, but only receiving two (Fox Business News 9:30 A.M.). Business was up like 800% for awhile.  Maybe this will breed some new peppers...
Ariel

tlwagg

« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2020, 10:46:43 AM »
They'll forget about this soon enough. There is plenty of cheap Chinese junk to spend their money on.
"I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

"Political correctness is tyranny with manners." - Charlton Heston

Starlady

« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2020, 10:58:05 AM »
tlwagg - I may have more of the large Hershey's cocoa containers than some stores.  If I die, at least I'll have chocolate.
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein

tlwagg

« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2020, 11:16:41 AM »
Oh yeah!

I have a whole box of Hershey Bars, about half a box of Nestles Crunch bars and most of a jumbo bag of Hershey Kisses. I love Sam's.  The sad thing is I don't get to eat them as much as I'd like.

nj_m715

« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2020, 12:18:23 PM »
not local, but I wanted to order a little extra vitamins from amazon.
several were not in stock - not shipping for a week or two

Ravenwood1950

« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2020, 02:29:20 PM »
Made a milk and banana run to local smaller store, Food Depot. All was well stocked in every department. Huge stocks of rice and beans; I saw nothing with low stocks.
I will be shopping at that smaller store for several weeks instead of going to Walmart.
Ravenwood

Abigayle

« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2020, 03:29:59 PM »
Lysol spray, on Amazon, fifteen plus a can, sold in twos....price gouging at its finest.  Was sending storage supplies to grandkids today, I was on Vita-cost as they had a sale.  Things were selling out as I was placing the order.  I had a hard time getting up to the price for free shipping.  Rice, beans, pasta sauces, all going out of my cart, when I went to check out, it said no longer available.  I had to work fast, then switch to Amazon for the other two orders.
Ariel

HogJowlHomestead

« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2020, 04:46:19 PM »
Costco Ringgold GA, The toilet paper was just about gone when we left the picture is the back wall an hour before check out. Quanty restriction on tp and water. Everyone was grabbing it up.

Missing completely list
Sanitation wipes
Kirkland white rice
Any other brand of white rice.
Kirkland vegetables
Beans
Kirkland canned vegetables
Tomato paste

Only rice available was a 1/5 pallet of brown rice maybe 15 bags left. Also QTY restricted

Psalms 127:3-5

Starlady

« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2020, 08:36:32 PM »
Amazon sellers ARE price gouging!  I was placing an order for salve jars an hour ago and just checked the price of 91% alcohol.  It wasn't even $3 at WM yesterday.  Same size on the Big A is now between $8-19.....for those who even have any left!
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein

Abigayle

« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2020, 10:13:43 AM »
One of the orders that I placed for my grandkids this week, didn't fly.  I got a notice this morning that they had over-sold, due to the warehouse not keeping up on available goods.  One would not think that could happen with computers, but I guess with low inventory and many orders being placed at the same time, it did.  So early this morning, had to find some last minute food supplies to send to the kiddos.  Wish they were here
Ariel

tlwagg

« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2020, 11:10:37 PM »
I just read on NextDoor that at the Walmart and Costco on Windward Parkway "shelves were bare of basic essentials and dry goods." I haven't been there to look if I did go it'd be at 5am and not when other people are there. I'm glad I did all my shopping a couple of months ago.

MoleStomper

« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2020, 03:11:20 PM »
As of yesterday morning the local Wal-Mart (Hall County), was still pretty good on most things.  TP, soap, bleach, were low but still available.  Canned veggies and meats were still pretty well stocked.  Rice and beans had been stocked up, but honestly, it seems like everyone is more trying to get their usual things plus TP and water, more than items than can last until we are deep into a bad situation.  We are buying our usual things, plus long term items.

bountyhunter

« Reply #42 on: March 10, 2020, 04:37:29 PM »
No problem at the FT. BENNING commissary and PX.
Watch your six!
ARRL VE
W5YI VE
Ham Radio General
Region 4 Moderator
US NAVY (RET)
"Never miss the opportunity to train"

MoleStomper

« Reply #43 on: March 10, 2020, 09:41:17 PM »
Things changed since yesterday. All rice and beans are gone. The canned veggie aisle looked like a bomb went off. Cleaners are all gone. Water all gone. Most of the liquid type soaps are gone. No TP. The rest of the store was a mess where people were just grabbing things. Getting real.

Abigayle

« Reply #44 on: March 11, 2020, 11:09:07 AM »
This does make it real.  There are not enough tests.  So many don't show symtoms, like the nineteen workers on the ship, that are positive.  They look perfectly healthy, according to those that came off the ship.  Two airport screeners, in San Jose, Ca. are positive....great... I have not heard of any tests being given in our area.  Perhaps Ravenwood can shed some light on this issue.
I don't understand people buying water.  Gatoraide, yes, water, not so much. We have not been off the property, and have not been within six feet of anyone.  I am hearing mixed messages, as to how long the virus can live on a hard surface.  One report says nine hours, one Dr. on tv, said nine minutes. No mention on how long it lives on cardboard, very important, for all the home delivery.  Maybe they are changing their minds.  They seem to be in agreement that it is much more contagious than originally thought.  Saw where "AR14s:) are, according to Biden, are machine guns...Glad he is on top of things...
Ariel

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal