Author Topic: Members Preps/area reports on available goods  (Read 55666 times)

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
Re: Members Preps/area reports on available goods
« Reply #180 on: June 06, 2020, 08:42:24 PM »
There is another supplement you can try, quercetin.  https://nutritionalpharmacology.wordpress.com/2020/03/21/combating-covid-19-with-zinc-and-quercetin/ my husband says he is feeling so much better since he started taking it.
Thanks,  I just placed an online order for some.  This virus is supposed to make a return visit this winter so I will already have a supply.

Lilburner

« Reply #181 on: June 07, 2020, 06:36:19 PM »
Ollie's has stacks upon stacks of pallets of hand sanitizer. 1L bottle, 80%, for $10.

They also have cloth masks, surgical masks, and plastic face shields.

Last time I was in Harbor Freight, they were starting to have nitrile gloves. But only up to size L.

The only thing I haven't seen recently that I'd like to have is Clorox Wipes.
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

tlwagg

« Reply #182 on: June 08, 2020, 10:52:22 AM »
Was that the gel type HS? Ours says they have it for $7.99 but is that a deal?
"I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

"Political correctness is tyranny with manners." - Charlton Heston

Starlady

« Reply #183 on: June 08, 2020, 11:15:16 AM »
No, it's pretty liquid and actually looks like a liquor bottle.  You'd need to transfer it to a pump.  I suppose for a store deal it's not bad, but I got 3 gallons of 99% alcohol for just under 30 cents an ounce.  I'll mix with some aloe gel I bought months before this started and then I'll start using my plants again.   Sure would like some MORE!!!  ;)
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein

tlwagg

« Reply #184 on: June 08, 2020, 11:17:39 AM »
I've got plenty of Aloes and have some for you next time I see you.
"I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

"Political correctness is tyranny with manners." - Charlton Heston

Lilburner

« Reply #185 on: June 08, 2020, 01:05:33 PM »
It's no amazing deal as far as I can tell, but didn't strike me as out of line for high availability of an in-demand product. I picked up a couple.

I'm pretty much off masks and gloves. I manage where I go, self quarantine my hands from my face in public, and use hand sanitizer I keep in the bed of the truck so I don't even have to touch my keys or door handle.

If I get some food or something that can't hang out in the sunlight for a while, or if I took my phone out in a "dirty zone", I use a Clorox wipe.

A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

ProGeek

« Reply #186 on: June 08, 2020, 02:03:52 PM »
I was able to find a place that allows me to back-order 3M N95 masks for a reasonable proce.  Expected shipment is Aug 1. You need to be a business, but they don't ask for any proof.

https://www.newark.com/3m/8210v/respirator-disposable-valved/dp/85X3598

https://www.newark.com/3m/8511/particulate-respirator/dp/31M7908
If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.

Abigayle

« Reply #187 on: July 06, 2020, 03:00:25 PM »
Progeek, Looking at the reviews, it would seem a fair number of people are not receiving the back orders.  Did you place an order and if so, have you received it yet?
Ariel

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
« Reply #188 on: July 21, 2020, 07:07:53 AM »
I went into Academy Sports in Warner Robins.  I checked the ammunition shelves and they were mostly bare.  There was a sign limit 3 boxes any mix per person per day.  When the checkout clerk asked if I found eerything OK, I said "No".  That there was no ammo.  She asked what kind specifically.  When I told her, she said it was unavailable even online.

That is  why preppers stock up EARLY and stock up OFTEN.

ProGeek

« Reply #189 on: July 21, 2020, 10:15:56 AM »
Progeek, Looking at the reviews, it would seem a fair number of people are not receiving the back orders.  Did you place an order and if so, have you received it yet?

My order is due in 3-4 weeks. So I can't say yet. I have a friend of mine in China sending me a bunch of Respokare anti-viral masks. I had the Curad versions that I liked very much, but we are now out. You can't get these in the USA right now. They are all made in China and not being exported.

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.

nj_m715

« Reply #190 on: July 21, 2020, 10:40:41 AM »
reloading supplies are dying up online too
everglades has a dozen different 9mm bullets, only 2 were in stock

Abigayle

« Reply #191 on: August 01, 2020, 09:31:19 AM »
Many bulk companies for flats, and other canning supplies are on back order.  If China is not producing tins right now (as suggested by Ice Age Farmer). Some of us may need more jars, etc.  If the grid were to go down, all that good stuff in some of our freezers will have to go somewhere, somehow... 
Ariel

HogJowlHomestead

« Reply #192 on: August 02, 2020, 07:35:53 AM »
Abigayle i am having a terrible time finding lids. Ace hardware told me when there next shipment would be in and after waiting i ended up with large mouth jars no originals. All the other stores here even walmart have been a bust.
Psalms 127:3-5

Ravenwood1950

« Reply #193 on: August 02, 2020, 07:56:16 AM »
I am so sorry you are having trouble finding canning lids.
A word to the wise...for years every time I went to Walmart I bought 2 packages of regular and wide mouth. Thanks be to God I have a stock of them.
I pray you can find them.
Ravenwood

Starlady

« Reply #194 on: August 02, 2020, 09:51:27 AM »
Even Lehman's is out of all lids.

Tattler seems to have both wide and regular available.  It's a slightly different process* and you'll need the jar RINGS you already have but the rubber band and the lid are reusable.

Tattler.com

*You just barely tighten the ring for processing, then after the jar is out of the canner, you tighten it down till the plastic lid seals.
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal