Author Topic: Members Preps/area reports on available goods  (Read 56280 times)

Ravenwood1950

Re: Members Preps/area reports on available goods
« Reply #210 on: August 09, 2020, 01:02:26 PM »
Just saw a letter on FB from the mfg of Ball, Kerr and Golden Harvest jars/lids. They are ramping up production on the jars and lids as consumer demands have increased 158% in the last 3-4 weeks. So maybe extra supplies are coming soon. I tried to post the letter but couldn't get a clear copy.
Ravenwood

Starlady

« Reply #211 on: August 09, 2020, 05:22:58 PM »
All I can find is Ball responding to the aluminum can shortage.   They are ramping up production on that because the beer mfgrs and crafters are screaming.   ALL the jar names we know are under Newell Brands (at least it's a US company, lol) but they own a TON of other brands (Coleman, Calphalon, Crock Pot, Oster, Reynolds, Sharpie, Yankee Candle, Food Saver, Rubbermaid, and jars don't seem to have their attention.
There's not a single thing on their FB page about jars and most of the responses to their own posts are complaints!

A couple of people told me the Ball/Kerr/Jarden/GH/AH, etc plants were shut down during COVID-19 lockdowns and that's why they are behind.
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein

HogJowlHomestead

« Reply #212 on: August 09, 2020, 06:59:35 PM »
We ended up getting harvest guard lids as im tired of checking stores. All the same reply, (its our warehouse we don't when they'll replenish. Ace has been the best bet lately but only on large mouth. Hunting half gallon jars as well, cow is putting out allot of milk for us even at one a day milking.
Psalms 127:3-5

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
« Reply #213 on: August 13, 2020, 08:51:27 AM »
The other day I was waiting fro the wife to come out of Kroger in Perry and I noticed a lady had 2 cases of pint canning jars.  I refused to go into the store as a mask was required.  I need to make up a protest sign for the next trip.  Maybe I could put a picture of Staphylococces on it.
https://twitter.com/Joshua62325591/status/1293375625692995584/photo/1

Abigayle

« Reply #214 on: August 13, 2020, 12:51:00 PM »
RWS The only reason I went into Kroger this week is because they required masks.  My other orders, with the exception of one day, was done as a drive up, where I am under their mercy, in terms of quality and sales.  Your protest, should it carry and weight and be acknowledged, could send some of of back onto our properties, where we have mainly remained for six long months....

robcho

« Reply #215 on: August 14, 2020, 08:35:47 AM »
The other day I saw 1/2 gallon jars at Lafayette Walmart if I'm remembering correctly. Not sure how close they would be for people.

HogJowlHomestead

« Reply #216 on: August 14, 2020, 08:52:41 PM »
Thanks Robcho, was able to get 2 packs of the amber 1/2g jars in Lafayette.
Psalms 127:3-5

LFCF

« Reply #217 on: August 15, 2020, 06:25:36 PM »
We managed to snag a small 5 cu. ft. freezer from walmart.com on Thursday.  They showed out of stock later that day, but maybe it's a sign that some of these appliances are starting to restock.

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
« Reply #218 on: August 18, 2020, 02:01:22 PM »
A friend of mine runs a restaurant.  He was closed two days last week on days he was supposed to be open.  I just found out the reason was because he could not get any food to cook.  This is a BBQ restaurant, chicken and pork.

LFCF

« Reply #219 on: August 18, 2020, 06:31:38 PM »
A friend of mine runs a restaurant.  He was closed two days last week on days he was supposed to be open.  I just found out the reason was because he could not get any food to cook.  This is a BBQ restaurant, chicken and pork.

See I don't get this - my son works for a major pork processor in Missouri.  They've had to destroy meat because they couldn't sell it fast enough.

So why are restaurants and grocery stores having trouble getting things like this?

BennyMG1

« Reply #220 on: August 19, 2020, 12:41:49 PM »
I was already aware of the canning jar shortage, but was surprised yesterday when I went to pick up some food saver bags. The WalMart that I use was completely sold out of FoodSavers. I did get the bags I needed, but barely. I also noticed the shelves were lacking a lot of canned goods. Oh, by the way, what is the danged deal with canned boiled peanuts!!!???Can't find the.
Trust, but verify. Russian proverb

Starlady

« Reply #221 on: August 19, 2020, 12:57:36 PM »
Stock up on plastic garbage bags!  Poly is one of the largest, if not THE largest maker of plastic bags in the US.   They make bags for practically all the name brands and many of the off brands.  Fortunately, my bay bro left there with a load out yesterday but drivers are being called to bring back ALL their stock as both inventory and supplies for mfging are burning.   

https://www.foxnews.com/us/texas-plant-fire-grand-prairie
« Last Edit: August 19, 2020, 01:08:23 PM by Starlady »
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein

Abigayle

« Reply #222 on: August 19, 2020, 10:06:48 PM »
Star Lady, Thanks for the heads up.  I sure would hate to live anywhere nearby and be breathing that air!  Will get an order in tomorrow....Maybe tonight...
Ariel

YellowRose

« Reply #223 on: August 20, 2020, 10:01:57 AM »
I am extra glad that trash bags have been part of my preps for years.

Abigayle

« Reply #224 on: August 20, 2020, 02:01:22 PM »
I realized I only had about six months worth, so ordered some from Walmart on line last night.  They will be here tomorrow.  If you need things from Walmart, I think they ship free ON MOST ITEMS, that are not perishable and it comes the next day if you order early.  I combined an order with a few other things.  Sponges seem hard to get for some reason.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2020, 02:19:28 PM by Abigayle »
Ariel

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal