Author Topic: Members Preps/area reports on available goods  (Read 55663 times)

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
Re: Members Preps/area reports on available goods
« Reply #240 on: September 12, 2020, 07:54:07 PM »
I was in Home Depot 1773 today and picked up some planter blocks and 2 by 12s.  There seemed to be plenty of lumber in the store.  I particularly looked at treated lumber.  There were none that I saw out of stock and several stacks of treated 2 by 4s were stacked in the aisle as the racks were full.

Abigayle

« Reply #241 on: September 13, 2020, 09:07:38 PM »
This would be a good time to make sure that all propane tanks are full.  Make sure your solar lights are getting full exposure, in case you need to bring them in at night.  I just wiped off the ones in my chicken coop windows, that keep the coons away (so far, so good).  I have little window boxes of moss rose, so I lay a small one in each box.  I like flat solar bases that can be brought in during a storm and used as bedside lights for reading in the dark.
Ariel

Joe Jameson

« Reply #242 on: September 17, 2020, 09:10:47 PM »
I've noticed in my last two trips to Costco and Sams, that finding cases of chef boy ardee ravioli has been a bust. They have had loose cans at Publix and Walmart, but those shelves have been fairly empty as well

Abigayle

« Reply #243 on: September 18, 2020, 09:15:00 AM »
Joe. that might be due to all the kids home schooling the first part of the school year.  Some of those kids will be on their own, so opening a can is something they can handle...just a guess of course.  Large jars of Jiffy are hard to come by in some places, at some times, perhaps for the same reason.
Ariel

Abigayle

« Reply #244 on: September 25, 2020, 10:22:08 AM »
I was inside Kroger at 7:00 this morning.  While scanning the isles, I noticed there were four cans of spam on a shelf.  Normally, it appeared that there are all kinds of Spam (news to me), but all those places were empty.  The boy stocking shelves nearby said they were cleared out and the few remaining was an extra box that had been mis-placed.  Lots of canned spaghetti and meatballs were gone.  They did have Chef Boy R De, however you say it, on sale for $1.00 a can, in the bend just inside the door.  The expiration date was on bad.
People have gotten over the need for toilet paper, but sanitizer for home use, is almost impossible.  The last one I bought, a spray bottle, with a name I had not seen before, said, "leave on surface for 25 minutes to disinfect"....really???  Twenty-five minutes later, I would not even remember where I sprayed it, and would probably lay the mail on that surface!  Have a great weekend everyone!
Ariel

RWS

• Bugged Out
« Reply #245 on: September 29, 2020, 06:50:11 AM »
We stopped at Kroger, Hartley Bridge yesterday on the way home from preppercamp.  I went to get 2 cans of black beans to put into the cart and saw a sale.  10 cans for $10.  So we came home with 10 cans of black beans.  I guess we will eventually use it with all the rice we have to go with them.

Abigayle

« Reply #246 on: October 29, 2020, 12:46:15 PM »
I have been seeing some talk of shortages on canned fruit lately, on one prepper site or another.  I decided to add some more canned fruit.  Six of the eight that I chose appeared to be available.  I noticed about another six or more showing out of stock.  So, when I picked up my order, all I got was canned pears and one can of fruit cocktail that I don't even like (they substituted).  In the ones marked out of stock in the store, they said you could have them shipped to you.  I have not checked the minimum for free shipping, or even if they have it.  This might be a heads up for storage of short term canned fruit.  The kid that loaded the car said the the produce section was really looking bad this morning.  There isn't as much organic milk in the store as they carried only a month ago.  The whole section has been cut way down. Covid in the dairyland??? WI. numbers are way up.  Some very small counties way up north are just starting to see a little more of it, like 200 cases per county.
Ariel

ProGeek

« Reply #247 on: October 30, 2020, 05:56:55 PM »
I still can't find plane pea soup. I did find Clorox wipes in Ingles today.
If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.

Abigayle

« Reply #248 on: October 30, 2020, 08:42:57 PM »
yes, Ingles has had Clorox type wipes for the past six weeks.  Peas and hard to find, along with many types of canned fruit.  Kroger said their milk supply is down due to new coolers going it.  I don't know how that explains that every single half gallon of milk was expired this week.  I called that to their attention and they cleaned it out.  They also gave me a credit for two new cartons, along with and eleven dollar credit for my time, to have to run back into town.
Watch your expiration dates, folks, they are pulling some things out of ware houses right now.
We did find a few things that we have been searching for, to fill in a few gaps and make us feel a bit safer.

aces

« Reply #249 on: November 18, 2020, 12:45:46 PM »
In regard to Abigayle's previous message, peas and canned fruit are available on the east side of Atlanta, but we are starting to see toilet paper being cleared out again.  Also the corn crop got hit, so corn might be in short supply or expensive next year.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2020, 04:24:20 PM by aces »

Ravenwood1950

« Reply #250 on: November 18, 2020, 03:49:43 PM »
I finally got a container of antiseptic wipes...the first I have been able to purchase since Covid began.
Ravenwood

Abigayle

« Reply #251 on: November 18, 2020, 04:47:25 PM »
Did get canned peas this week but there were only a few on the shelve.  I am only going to go once a month now.  Did find some canned fruit at Kroger.  Tried getting canning jars and lids, to have more extra, when we ordered grain this week, but they did not have any. Some varieties of Idaho packaged potatoes were sold out. Thee spots were empty.  They only had two kinds early Saturday morning.  Beef was limited and expensive.  I don't know if they just didn't have it out yet, or it was in short supply.  I was looking for small roasts.  I bought the last two pork roasts.  Again, not saying there is a shortage, but I have not been in a store since spring when the availability of these items was so low.  Cleaning supplies are being limited, so of course people are buying them if they need them or not.  We are fine, so left it alone. 
We have been hearing there could be a trucker strike.  This is talk on line.  No good feeling as to how wide spread it will be, or even if it will come to pass.  We will know soon, if it goes down.  Lady at the checkout said that between people worried about another shut down, and Thanksgiving there were very busy.  Oh yes, out of tonic water,  Not a bottle in the store.  Friends in small town in WI. are seeing large numbers of Covid all of the sudden.  The county is only 20,000, but people know more people that have it than not.  They are blaming the local VFW and ELKS...
Ariel

8greenbeans

« Reply #252 on: November 18, 2020, 06:44:03 PM »
Ball Ground and Jasper are seeing TP, Paper towels, and cleaning supplies wiped out.

USMC Veteran, LEO Mama
Navy MIL, USAF Vet Mama
Army Daughter
8 Beans
9 GrandBeans + 1 on the way
3 Beans-in-law, 3 Future-in-laws
1 MrBeans

RWS

• Bugged Out
« Reply #253 on: November 21, 2020, 09:45:47 AM »
I stopped by the local Tractor Supply this morning.  I walked around and did not see any canning jars or any canning kits, supplies.  So I asked the sales clerk where did they move the canning jar to?  He said "we don't have any"  We got in 3 pallets full last month, set them in the aisle and did not put them on a shelf.  They were gone in 2 days.  I said, Well order some more.  His reply was we can't get them!

8greenbeans

« Reply #254 on: November 21, 2020, 01:25:21 PM »
I haven't seen canning supplies in the Cherokee & Pickens County areas in months!

USMC Veteran, LEO Mama
Navy MIL, USAF Vet Mama
Army Daughter
8 Beans
9 GrandBeans + 1 on the way
3 Beans-in-law, 3 Future-in-laws
1 MrBeans

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal