Author Topic: CANCELED: SEPN Spring 2020 Camp out  (Read 6254 times)

Farside

CANCELED: SEPN Spring 2020 Camp out
« on: February 26, 2020, 07:40:27 PM »
CANCELED

It's that time again! Mark your calendar!

The 2020 Spring Camp out - April 24-26 at Cedar Creek WMA. If you wish to arrive on Thursday the 23th, you'll have plenty of company for the extra day. If you can't can't camp with us, come down for the day. Most planned activities will be concentrated on Saturday.

Cedar Creek is located south of Monticello on GA Hwy 212. Our camp site is across from the Check Station (N 30* 13' 45.1 W 83* 31' 36.1) on Checking Station Road. If Googling, google Cedar Creek Check Station or you might get directions to the range which is a different road off 212.

Specifically, here: https://goo.gl/maps/jKXeHv1JbKm The campground is on the opposite side of the gravel road from the Checking Station on the map, and just a hair BEFORE it. The path into the woods is subtle and some would say hard to see, but accommodates the largest of RVs. If you drive fully up TO the Checking Station, you've gone too far. HOPEFULLY there will be a yellow banner out by Thursday afternoon marking the turn.

Watch this thread for more details. As classes, activities, etc. are added, the details will be added to this main post as well.

Start picking out your auction item donations! The Saturday evening donation auction is a highlight of the event and our only source of income, and everything goes back in to SEPN 100%. It pays for the domain and the website. Last year we were able to subsidize the Christmas party for all attendees, and this year there's even more. specifically...

No camping fee: SEPN is picking up the bill for Port-A-Potties this year. No GORP/WMA pass is required at this site.

We are looking for people that would like to give some type of class or presentation. All presenters will be entered into a drawing for a $25 Amazon Gift card!

18:00 - Auction! If you've been to our camp out before, you know all about this. It's our only fundraiser and it keeps us in the important stuff like internet and toilets. If you're not familiar - bring a donation or two or ten and we'll auction it/them off. And you might pick up a bargain while you're at it.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2020, 04:21:39 PM by Country Singer »

florida44

Re: SEPN Spring 2020 Camp out
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2020, 08:00:13 PM »
Be there or be square! Looking forward to it as always! Have to get the ole Taj-ma-Haul out of mothballs from the winter. We always look forward to seeing our extended family.  :)
Region 2
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo Galilei

nj_m715

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2020, 08:45:25 PM »
I'd like to make it, especially since I had to miss the fall weekend

I'm not planning on doing a class but I'll dig up a few toys for a short show n tell demo

Starlady

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2020, 08:55:07 PM »
Is it April or October?

Or April 24-Oct 26?

;)

Poultry sitter has been reserved.
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein

BennyMG1

« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2020, 07:23:39 AM »
We will be there.
Trust, but verify. Russian proverb

Country Singer

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2020, 07:55:55 PM »
I fixed it, it's April.
“Our country demands all our strength, all our energies. To resist the powerful combination now forming against us will require every man at his place.
If victorious, we will have everything to hope for in the future. If defeated, nothing will be left for us to live for.”

Country Singer

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2020, 08:07:40 PM »
BTW, if anyone is interested in giving a class or demonstration, be sure to let us know so we can start scheduling.  I'd like to see us do another storage food taste test for the benefit of newcomers if there is enough interest.
“Our country demands all our strength, all our energies. To resist the powerful combination now forming against us will require every man at his place.
If victorious, we will have everything to hope for in the future. If defeated, nothing will be left for us to live for.”

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2020, 05:55:53 AM »
I have a SWIM CPU I could do a show & tell on.

http://swimforhim.org/chlorine-producing-unit/

They have some good videos on their web page.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2020, 08:12:26 AM by RWS »

BennyMG1

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2020, 07:49:54 AM »
I hope we have the short "Show and Tell" like last time. I really enjoyed that.
Trust, but verify. Russian proverb

Searchboss

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2020, 05:52:04 PM »
I agree with you guys. A show and tell would be great. I would also like to see another taste test comparison. Maybe we could get folks to bring a single item from their favorite (or least favorite?) vendor for a taste test. It would be great if we could compare samples from companies like: Wise, Emergency Essentials, Mountain House, Valley Food Storage, Patriot Supply, Thrive Life, Honeyville, Walton Feed (aka Rainy Day Foods), Lindon Farms, Legacy Foods, etc. as well as MRE's etc.

Bravo Romeo - 53

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2020, 06:43:05 PM »
Awww man.  Wish I could make it.  Plans had already been made for the family that weekend.  If things changes, I would love to attend.

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2020, 07:49:21 AM »
I see on my calendar that I have a scheduled Dr. appointment 4-9.  I think I will ask for a bottle of Chloroquanine.  Leaves a nasty aftertaste even taking a pill.  I used to have to take them while in Vietnam.  Now it looks like it will hold off/cure the Wuhan virus.

Drugs used to treat HIV and malaria could be used to tackle the coronavirus, according to scientists in Australia.

https://therightscoop.com/report-australia-may-have-found-a-cure-for-the-coronavirus/

That way I will be set for the Campout......

Abigayle

« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2020, 01:34:42 PM »
RWS, Stay home from your Dr. appt. and you won't need it...They gave it to my dad W.W.II, for malaria, after the fact.  They ended up sending him stateside, it didn't work.  Guess it worked for some.  My dad was a very healthy farm raised man, and did recover.
We have just started our third week.  Wish we had not stayed home the first week, as this is starting to feel long and it is going to feel a whole lot longer.  So glad for our little farm...
I am guessing we won't be going to the campout, as this thing will probably be around longer, but will take a wait and see attitude...
Ariel

Starlady

« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2020, 04:16:11 PM »
Abigayle, everything the sensible docs are saying is that this virus will be around for a very long time.  Until there is a vaccine ALL of us are subject to getting it.    Maybe not this wave, maybe in the fall, maybe 18 months from now - just before they release a vaccine.   My husband's aunt came down with polio 45 days before the vaccine was released.   If I could get the chloroquinine, I'd get it....even if I had to pay for it.

But I suspect it will be impossible to find very shortly.
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein

Abigayle

« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2020, 08:40:52 PM »
Star Lady, What about side effects?  Dosages?  Where would you even look for it?  I wonder if all the Marines that came in contact with it had the same experience, or just that unit.  Maybe the dosage was off, or it was watered down to make it go further.  Dad has been gone for years, so much I wish I could ask him...and mom as well. I know many of you can relate..
Ariel

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal