Author Topic: Ever Spot a Prepper's House For Sale?  (Read 1411 times)

Country Singer

Ever Spot a Prepper's House For Sale?
« on: February 27, 2020, 08:34:03 PM »
From time to time I randomly check out real estate listings...and I ran across what just has to be a prepper's house for sale.

See if you can spot the preps!
“Our country demands all our strength, all our energies. To resist the powerful combination now forming against us will require every man at his place.
If victorious, we will have everything to hope for in the future. If defeated, nothing will be left for us to live for.”

tlwagg

Re: Ever Spot a Prepper's House For Sale?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2020, 10:33:14 PM »
Could it be the ballistic windows?
"I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

"Political correctness is tyranny with manners." - Charlton Heston

Country Singer

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2020, 10:59:59 PM »
There's more!
“Our country demands all our strength, all our energies. To resist the powerful combination now forming against us will require every man at his place.
If victorious, we will have everything to hope for in the future. If defeated, nothing will be left for us to live for.”

tlwagg

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2020, 10:13:00 AM »
I know there's the solar, orchard, animal pins, alarms, cameras, but as I look at the pictures I know I'm missing something. The storage area has hinged cabinets/doors but I can't be sure what's behind them.

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2020, 10:25:28 AM »
See the door behind the two solar panels.  Basement or root cellar food storage.

tlwagg

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2020, 10:33:03 AM »
Windmill for well?

tlwagg

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2020, 10:37:09 AM »
Is that an air pipe for a bunker? I can't tell because there is now good picture of that side of the house.

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2020, 11:15:22 AM »
Is that an air pipe for a bunker? I can't tell because there is now good picture of that side of the house.
Could be.  Windmill for well?  Slow pump.  A slow pump is usually tied to a large storage tank.  Looks like this storage tank is under ground, so that could be the tank vent; however it seems a bit large for a tank vent for a slow pump.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2020, 11:59:22 AM by RWS »

Country Singer

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2020, 11:43:22 AM »
Also, note items inside the house out in the open: two different Berkey water filters, a ham radio license manual, a BOB, a trauma bag...

RevJammer

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2020, 09:06:38 PM »
Picture 26... I could be wrong, but it looks like an AR15 (with a red muzzle device) and possibly a shotgun.
Far right side behind the boxes on the floor...

RJ

Abigayle

« Reply #10 on: February 29, 2020, 08:24:12 AM »
This place is still for sale.  I doubt that there is actually an orchard, and didn't see much in the way of fruit trees.  Wonder how close those pigs are to the house, on a small acreage.  Ballistic windows...no doubt prepper.  Not sure how they would heat the floors on a 5000 sq.ft home, with that solar system.  I did not see an outdoor broiler.  It has been for sale a long time, due to salty price point.  For that price, people will be wanting some updates, paint, etc and a little more coziness.  I love the bar area downstairs.  Guess that speaks volumes about me. It is located about 30 minutes outside of Chattanooga.  The crime rate in Georgetown is about the national average.  That doesn't say much for a town of around 5,000 people, but not bad. For that price, it is missing a greenhouse and chicken coop.  Would like it to be flatter, but it does give a good vantage point to those ballistic windows. The kitchen has lots of cupboard and working space.  As a woman, I am tired of that counter top, I have the same thing.  Wonder what the age is on the solar.  Sounds like it is self contained.  I see the well has solar also.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2020, 08:37:31 AM by Abigayle »
Ariel

tlwagg

« Reply #11 on: February 29, 2020, 11:19:20 AM »
Picture 26... I could be wrong, but it looks like an AR15 (with a red muzzle device) and possibly a shotgun.
Far right side behind the boxes on the floor...

RJ
I think it's a kids room, wasn't there a red tip on one of those?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal