Author Topic: COVID-19 causing Recession/Depression?  (Read 6079 times)

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
Re: COVID-19 causing Recession/Depression?
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2020, 02:48:46 PM »
Sickness.... Market failure.... earthquake in Idaho.... Hollywood screen writers didn't even try to squeeze that much in one movie/series.....  I think back to watching two things in particular that fit where things are going right now.... (#1)-- the Movie CONTAGION   and  (#2)-- the NAT GEO Special "AMERICAN BLACKOUT"  at the moment we seem to be dealing with one, and the other is looming on the horizon.... with everyone on lockdown, whos going to keep the lights on?
Everyone is not locked down.  The hiway traffic keeps moving by my house.  I live in farming country and I would like to see you keep a farmer out of his field during planting season.
What is scary is I am on a main route for container trucks.  No container trucks.

Abigayle

« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2021, 11:48:44 AM »
So here we are, in a new year.  It is not looking good.  Gold and Silver recovered nicely.  The dollar is tanking and I gasp out loud when grocery shopping on line.  At the rate the treasury and congress is printing money, our dollar will be worthless. Too bad we don't learn much from watching what happens to other countries...
With the new liberals in place, we will see negative things happen quickly.  You won't hear it mentioned by most media.  How can they have any self respect left?  They are no longer reporting and the elected officials are selling out for future votes.  Not that this is new, it is just so blatant.
Why send checks to people who made over 300,000 a year per couple?
Ariel

Ravenwood1950

« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2021, 01:43:16 PM »
I thought the cut off was for couples making 150,000 a year. Sadly, they are probably spending 250K a year and are in such debt that they are drowning. :(
Ravenwood

Abigayle

« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2021, 02:40:44 PM »
I heard "each". If you have kids, you really rake it in...
Ariel

tlwagg

« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2021, 11:20:09 AM »
For most people it will be gone in no time (and that's the people who can least afford it). They will blow it on whatever they didn't get for Christmas.
"I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

"Political correctness is tyranny with manners." - Charlton Heston

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2021, 11:26:35 AM »
A Depression may come when all these people taking the vaccine start to suddenly die off.  It will be blamed on a new strain of Covid.   What is really scarry is that the Military is taking it first.  I sure hope the gossip is wrong again.....

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal