Author Topic: Amazon to cut deliveries  (Read 1052 times)

tlwagg

Amazon to cut deliveries
« on: March 18, 2020, 05:57:44 PM »
Hubby got an email from Amazon today telling him it restricting deliveries but don't worry food, medical, and women's make-up is exempt. Why women's make-up is an essential I'll never know.

Amazon is not accepting new products to its warehouse service except household staples, medical supplies and other high-demand items through April 5, according to an announcement obtained by NBC News. Amazon confirmed the authenticity of the announcement.

“We are seeing increased online shopping and as a result some products such as household staples and medical supplies are out of stock,” the company announced on its seller platform called Seller Central. “With this in mind, we are temporarily prioritizing household staples, medical supplies and other high-demand products coming into our fulfillment centers so that we can more quickly receive, restock, and ship these products to customers.”

To sum up: Amazon announced on March 17, 2020, that it was temporarily halting the delivery of non-essential items to its warehouses until April 5 so that it could prioritize medical and household supplies during the COVID-19 pandemic. Amazon will continue to ship non-essential items to consumers as long as those items are currently in stock. This new policy will likely impact the products available via Amazon’s FBA program in the near future, but customers will still be able to buy non-essential items from third-party vendors.
"I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

"Political correctness is tyranny with manners." - Charlton Heston

Abigayle

Re: Amazon to cut deliveries
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2020, 08:21:50 PM »
Wonder what that will mean for garden supplies, like neem oil and diatomaceous earth?  Guess we will have to make due with things we have.  I did order some this spring, in case supplies were short.  Johnny's seed said that service may be slow, and phones will be busy, but they still have garden seed.  I have always found their quality to be very good.
Ariel

Starlady

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2020, 09:26:39 PM »
I'd say it means that you can get them til the warehouses run out.
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein

cope

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2020, 10:22:30 AM »
im still getting my orders delivered that are not on that list. I got a computer keyboard yesterday and am supposed to get a memory card today. Three days from now supposed to get something else. Ive always got orders in and still getting them.

Abigayle

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2020, 10:46:04 AM »
Strange as it may seem, the two things I had ordered on line from Amazon, powdered buttermilk and paper towels showed up yesterday.  A few days ago, I got a message that they were out of stock, so I did not expect to see them.
I told Thor that I was going to place an order for Keurig coffee, even though I have a months worth.  With all these people working from home, they will be back logged.
Had boxed almond milk on cereal today, not bad.  Saving the others.  As of April 9th. the organic milk will expire, so then it will be boxed and powdered.
Ariel

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal