Author Topic: HOA evicts dozens for working from home.  (Read 1112 times)

Lilburner

HOA evicts dozens for working from home.
« on: March 31, 2020, 03:51:31 PM »
Can't see this standing up.
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

Country Singer

Re: HOA evicts dozens for working from home.
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2020, 04:00:15 PM »
1. Don't live in a HOA.

2. That HOA is about to get fried in court.
“Our country demands all our strength, all our energies. To resist the powerful combination now forming against us will require every man at his place.
If victorious, we will have everything to hope for in the future. If defeated, nothing will be left for us to live for.”

nj_m715

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2020, 04:05:09 PM »
why would you live under a hoa?
why would you live under a hoa with rules like that?

to the person who got the letter,
yeah, it's legal (if you agreed to it) and yeah they can take your house. it's happened before.
it was all fun and games when you used the hoa to have your neighbors boat towed away and forced him to clean up his kid's toys from the front yard
suddenly the hoa is problem

just for fun, I'd like to know exactly what activities they observed and how they observed them.

Lilburner

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2020, 04:18:57 PM »
They may run afoul of defining "commercial business".
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

Starlady

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2020, 05:21:33 PM »
After 20 years of working with HOAs in the insurance business, I've never seen one that restricted you on working from home UNLESS you are allowing retail type traffic, or heavy shipping in and out.    Which is understandable.

There's more here than we are seeing, or someone on that board is just freakin' nuts  and it won't stand.  To tick them off, I'd contact the HOA's own lawyer before paying for one myself.

ETA:  And they also usually have to give you notice to cease such offense before they foreclose. 
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein

Lilburner

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2020, 06:07:38 PM »
Now that more and more businesses are closed, there are less managers for Karens to demand to speak with, so they have to Karen from home.
~ Daniel Webster

nj_m715

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2020, 11:29:13 PM »

ProGeek

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2020, 12:56:18 PM »
Yeah, good luck getting an eviction or foreclosure done anytime soon. The courts are locked down except for emergency cases.
If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal