Author Topic: CZ 455 American 22WMR $279.48. Prepper gun  (Read 2903 times)

LFCF

Re: CZ 455 American 22WMR $279.48. Prepper gun
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2020, 01:46:56 PM »
I don't know their state laws, I don't know GA laws, I know nj laws.

No disrespect, but why then are you arguing about their actions under the laws in their state? 

nj_m715

« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2020, 02:08:56 PM »
I'm just pointing out what I see and sharing what I would do based on my training and experience because most states have similar laws

for example compare it to the people at the start of this video, as far as I know, none of them had their homes raided at 5 am, their weapons confiscated and none are facing charges
I know which group I'd rather be in

icequeen

« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2020, 09:14:15 PM »
Abigail - where did you live in So MO. I still have family there in the boothill area.

We lived in Southern MO. for over 20 years.  Maybe they will have to move the trial, and if they do, I hope it is to Southern MO.  I think our whole small town was armed, just in case.....

Abigayle

« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2020, 09:21:56 PM »
Ice Queen, We were in West Plains and Willow Springs.  Still have good friends there.  Lots of tornados pass through though. Abigayle

ProGeek

« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2020, 09:48:03 AM »
FYI, the Lincoln Project is not a conservative or Republican group.
If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.

nj_m715

« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2020, 10:38:30 AM »
https://www.zerohedge.com/political/st-louis-couple-charged-felony-weapons-violation-after-defending-home-blm-protesters

"A wealthy St. Louis couple who made headlines last month for displaying firearms in front of their home as a group of BLM activists marched towards the Mayor's house will be charged with felony unlawful use of a weapon, and face a misdemeanor charge of fourth-degree assault

"It is illegal to wave weapons in a threatening manner -- that is unlawful in the city of St. Louis," Gardner said in a statement, adding that she was recommending community service in lieu of up to four years in prison, according to Politico. "

I'm not endorsing lincoln project, just showing an example of how to protect yourself and your property w/o catching a felony charge
even if they win, they lose

LFCF

« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2020, 05:02:52 PM »
https://www.zerohedge.com/political/st-louis-couple-charged-felony-weapons-violation-after-defending-home-blm-protesters

"A wealthy St. Louis couple who made headlines last month for displaying firearms in front of their home as a group of BLM activists marched towards the Mayor's house will be charged with felony unlawful use of a weapon, and face a misdemeanor charge of fourth-degree assault

"It is illegal to wave weapons in a threatening manner -- that is unlawful in the city of St. Louis," Gardner said in a statement, adding that she was recommending community service in lieu of up to four years in prison, according to Politico. "

I'm not endorsing lincoln project, just showing an example of how to protect yourself and your property w/o catching a felony charge
even if they win, they lose

If they win, we all win.  Rights are rights, not "rights when done correctly".  They did nothing illegal under Missouri Law (which due to supremacy supersedes St. Louis law) AND it looks like the deputy CA tampered with evidence and swore out a false statement in order to charge them.

Look for a dismissal and serious sanctions against the CA and Deputy.

Abigayle

« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2020, 05:35:39 PM »
You can see the fear in the wife's eyes.  I just wish she didn't have her finger on the trigger, which shows lack of experience in handling a firearm.  One little accidental squeeze and they might have been facing charges that they could not waltz away from.  Missouri law does allow you to defending your property, and that scene with the drum and screaming was very intimidating.  I am sure they didn't know what would happen next.  I never once heard anyone say "No worries, we are just on our way to the mayor's house".  Besides, they were on private property, with no given invitation to be there.  Anyone see any trespassing arrests????  Neither did I....
Ariel

LFCF

« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2020, 05:45:59 PM »
You can see the fear in the wife's eyes.  I just wish she didn't have her finger on the trigger, which shows lack of experience in handling a firearm.  One little accidental squeeze and they might have been facing charges that they could not waltz away from.  Missouri law does allow you to defending your property, and that scene with the drum and screaming was very intimidating.  I am sure they didn't know what would happen next.  I never once heard anyone say "No worries, we are just on our way to the mayor's house".  Besides, they were on private property, with no given invitation to be there.  Anyone see any trespassing arrests????  Neither did I....

It was a non-functioning(*) weapon.  She could have pulled the trigger an infinite number of times and still nothing would happen.

(*) Until the CA and the crime lab disassembled, fixed, then reassembled the weapon, then swore that the thing worked "at the time of the incident"

nj_m715

« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2020, 07:23:12 PM »
yeah, I heard that too. they also had a few days to make it non-functioning before they got raided.
they both are lawyers and have lawyer friends who probably whispered in their ear

I didn't find any details, but it sounds like firing pins were removed or something simple like that.

LFCF

« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2020, 08:02:46 PM »
yeah, I heard that too. they also had a few days to make it non-functioning before they got raided.
they both are lawyers and have lawyer friends who probably whispered in their ear

I didn't find any details, but it sounds like firing pins were removed or something simple like that.

You'll believe anything that makes them look bad, eh?  There are literally dozens of stories from the St. Louis area press about this, none are flattering for the CA. 

I get it - they put their booger hooks on the bang switch, so they should burn.  Sorry, but that's just wrong.

nj_m715

« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2020, 10:35:58 PM »
nothing I believe can make them look bad.
they did that all on their own.

meanwhile, the militia that marched on stone mountain demanding texas as reparations are shooting each other 

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/seattle-police-abandon-residents-antifa-uses-twitter-facebook-organize-nationwide

Lilburner

« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2020, 10:46:33 PM »
Quite the contrary. More power to 'em.

They did nothing wrong in a legal sense. They lacked training and some of the optics were unfortunate. Hopefully they and many others will learn from the situation. I'd like to see them take it a step further and be spokespeople/ambassadors for gun safety and training - "Don't let this happen to you".

The DA was bribed $78,000 to bring charges, and the only charges available dictate that the guns be capable of deadly harm at the time of the incident. In addition to the pistol being non-functional when it was taken into custody, there was no ammo found for the carbine found in the home. Therefore neither gun per the evidence was capable of deadly harm.

Did they clean up after themselves? Occam's Razor says almost certainly, but that's not what's in evidence. If they had the legal sense to do an end run around what was already an end run, then good for them.

In short, "Don't bullshit a bullshitter".
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal