Author Topic: CZ 455 American 22WMR $279.48. Prepper gun  (Read 2904 times)

Lilburner

CZ 455 American 22WMR $279.48. Prepper gun
« on: April 02, 2020, 08:22:39 PM »
Goodness! Literally the fastest I've ever ordered a gun.

If you don't own a CZ rimfire bolt gun, you're just missing out. That's all there is to say about that. Absolute cream of the crop.

22 Magnum cartridge really ramps up the amount of small game you can harvest over a 22LR. Anything under deer or boar that you'd encounter around here.

Great for the recoil sensitive and small of stature. It's not a youth gun, but could be cut down or adapted.

This particular model is synthetic and stainless - perfect for long periods outdoors.

The CZ USA site shows it as discontinued, so there can't be very many left.

https://dahlonegaarmory.com/product/cz-455-american-22wmr-sts-syn
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

Lilburner

Re: CZ 455 American 22WMR $279.48. Prepper gun
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2020, 10:27:29 PM »
Well that took very nearly forever!

Picked it up today and the wait was well worth it. Of course it is what it is. But even better than I expected. It's got a sweet adjustable trigger, and it comes with a stainless trigger guard and mag floor. Those run like $150 alone. The action screws are bigger than my 300 Win Mag.

The bolt's a little stiff, but it's from tight tolerances - made to be broken in.

Comes with a five rd mag, but it's nearly flush, and it's a hunting rifle after all, and effectively weatherproof.

They sent a printout with it of a three round group. I'm not looking at the numbers right now, but I wouldn't want to be a rabbit skull within a hundred yards of it.

Score!
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2020, 06:15:15 AM »
Just remember to PLEASE store all of your guns and ammo in one place!  That will make it easier on local authorities when they come for them.

McCloskeys Served with Search Warrant! – St. Louis Police Seize Gun From Armed Couple Who Defended Their Historic Home From Rioters

Abigayle

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2020, 02:36:29 PM »
RWS, on what grounds, were the guns seized?  This is more than a little worrisome.  We are hearing more and more of this ---- all the time this past six months.
Ariel

RWS

• Bugged Out
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2020, 03:12:49 PM »
RWS, on what grounds, were the guns seized?  This is more than a little worrisome.  We are hearing more and more of this ---- all the time this past six months.
Makes no difference.  The DA is backed by Soros money and does whatever she wants.  There will be a court fight as the guy is a lawyer.

Abigayle

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2020, 09:43:38 PM »
He should have some money thrown in behind him, as well.  He also appears to be well connected...
Ariel

RWS

• Bugged Out
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2020, 06:27:12 AM »
The only thing I see is the guy is pointing the weapon.  (Threatening)  The woman has the pistol drawn and is pointing it. (Threatening)  Everyone should know that you do not pull out a weapon unless you are going to shoot it. 
Now if the guy was pointing the rifle either up or down is OK.  The woman could have shown the holstered gun and gotten the same effect.  I think this is what the DA is going to say anyway.
Something to think about.

LFCF

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2020, 05:58:02 PM »
The only thing I see is the guy is pointing the weapon.  (Threatening)  The woman has the pistol drawn and is pointing it. (Threatening)  Everyone should know that you do not pull out a weapon unless you are going to shoot it. 
Now if the guy was pointing the rifle either up or down is OK.  The woman could have shown the holstered gun and gotten the same effect.  I think this is what the DA is going to say anyway.
Something to think about.

Everyone should know that, but there's no legal requirement in MO to "not point a gun" if you feel threatened.  Not unless things have changed in the 4 years since we moved.

nj_m715

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2020, 09:34:09 AM »
pointing the gun is most likely the problem, but there's a little more to it than feelings.
I can't point my gun at  a clown just because I have an extreme fear of clowns and feel scared.
I have to be able to articulate the reasons why I was threatened.
a reasonable person in the same situation would have to feel the same.

if the peaceful lawbreaking trespassers stayed in the street and never pointed weapons at them, they may have a problem.
if they had used standard muzzle discipline and pointed the guns at the ground, they would probably have a much better case

I get it, the came through a gate and they were a mob, they were home so there may be some castle doctrine, etc
I'm just trying to explain so everyone here doesn't find them self in the same boat.
holding that ar at port arms or the low ready would have the same effect as carelessly waving it around and he might still have his gun

we live in a world where cops are charged with murder when man with a 90% heart blockage and lethal dose of fentanyl in his system dies from a heart attack
a world where you get charged with murder after following a suspected criminal down the street, the criminal turns  on you, attacks you, attempts to take your gun from you and you defend yourself from his criminal assault
and a world where  violent criminals attack, body slam, disarm, fire the stolen weapon at cops then the crooked DA will charge the cops

it's clown world and we have to be careful
hell, turning on his sprinklers would have gotten them to move

Country Singer

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2020, 10:03:45 AM »
Does a mob that breaks into your private property and shouting "we're going to f'ing kill you and burn down your house!!" constitute enough of a threat to point a gun?  Because that's what was happening.
“Our country demands all our strength, all our energies. To resist the powerful combination now forming against us will require every man at his place.
If victorious, we will have everything to hope for in the future. If defeated, nothing will be left for us to live for.”

nj_m715

« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2020, 10:25:58 AM »
it's not enough for the soros funded da in that town

Abigayle

« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2020, 10:32:13 AM »
Agree with their right to do so at this point.  If this goes to trial, that D.A. will direct the prosecuting attorney to pick the most anti-gun jury possible.  This defendant looks like he can hold his own in the courtroom.  I bet he has some conservative friends in all the right places.  I didn't notice if they actually hand their fingers on the trigger, which would show to a certain extend, that they were careful in the strong position that they were forced to take, and had a respect for the weapons in their hands.
We lived in Southern MO. for over 20 years.  Maybe they will have to move the trial, and if they do, I hope it is to Southern MO.  I think our whole small town was armed, just in case.....

LFCF

« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2020, 10:56:19 AM »
The "peaceful" protesters were themselves armed (per some reports), and being outnumbered 100 to 1 by people trespassing on your property whilst telling you they'll kill you is a threat, clown-based strawman notwithstanding.

On edit: Need to remember that the "street" is private property as well and the crowd had already shown a willingness to destroy things by, well, destroying something: the private gate to the private walk along the private street.

nj_m715

« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2020, 12:37:56 PM »
again, I get it and I agree, but I bet the da would argue that community property is not their property, as in , it's not their house and castle would not apply
but I'm not the da and I didn't wave my gun around pointing it at 100 people or my spouse's head with my finger on the trigger
I don't know their state laws, I don't know GA laws, I know nj laws. we had castle doctrine there, it applied to the house, not front yards, not back yards, not gates, not out buildings only inside the house and pointing a gun at someone was an aggravated assault, similar to breaking someone's leg with a bat. unless you can explain why. it's not just a constructive use of force. they need convince people why that level of force was necessary. standing in front of your house with your gun pointed down is a much lower level of force, at least in nj

if one person in a crowd points a gun, you have to explain why you pointed your gun at others in the crowd who were not presenting an imminent threat to your safety
hopefully they get their guns back, hopefully they dont get charged, hopefully they get a fair jury if they do get charged

but we live in a world where a da will release a still photo and claim it's evidence of kicking, show me the video, let me see for myself because 2 wks ago you fired 6 cops because you said a taser was deadly force, suddenly today you change your tune.
he could have kicked away the weapon, he could have kicked brook's arm out from under him to make sure there was no other weapon, he sprinted over to brooks, is this a still of him running? hell he even could have tripped or he could have been curb stomping brooks like he claims, but I sure don't see it in this video. maybe we;ll see it during the trial.

https://youtu.be/RGuAVLQfWG4?t=1708

the da claims the cops provided delayed first aid, you can watch one officer run for what appears to be a first aid bag 1 min after the shooting. he gloved up, grabbed gear and ran back in one more min. brooks appears to be receiving first aid in only 2 mins after he was shot
in case you don't know, officer safety comes first, they make sure each other is safe and don't require aid, the surrounding people come next, (probably why that patrol pulls up them leaves) the criminal scumbag who was just attacking cops and risking innocent lives deserves aid, but he comes last. after the scene is secured and everyone is safe. it looks like thats exactly what these cops did

I have no faith in any of the people making these decisions. there seems to be a push to demonize self defense

Abigayle

« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2020, 12:48:36 PM »
Many people who have been killed this past month, were shot by someone in a crowd of otherwise peaceful people.  They hide in the masses.  It would be a nightmare to fire into a crowd because you realize that someone is firing at you.  Not much time to make that decision.  Police have to make the decision often.  Now they are dropping out of their chosen profession due to terrible abuse that the powers that be allow and even encourage.....hell in a hand basket....

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal