Author Topic: How did you fair last night?  (Read 2552 times)

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
Re: How did you fair last night?
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2020, 08:44:51 AM »
The last of the latest storm went thru here about 1AM.  At 1A> my bedroom lit up bright white and a crash of thunder was right overhead.  I have been outside this morning and do not see any damage. 

BennyMG1

« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2020, 10:39:28 AM »
We lost power for a couple of hours, but no big deal.

During the rain yesterday, I noticed water getting into the “basement” level. I put on my rain jacket, went outside and discovered the French drain on the side of the house was blocked. Additionally, the rain had washed sand and debris against the side of the house causing water to pool and not drain. I made quick work of getting that fixed.

This morning I went out to inspect a few things and found the lake to be half full in spite of there being no gates whatsoever in the far spillway. The entire area behind the dam is flooded since the creek just isn’t big enough to handle all the water. The water level is high enough that it is above the fill next to the house and is up against the base of the house. We had already planned on building up the area another 18 or so inches. I guess that project will have to be a priority now.

We’ve been sandbagging the dam in order to repair years of erosion. The latest area where we got sandbags placed did not have full backfill up to the top which apparently caused a big problem. The water rushing down the dam face displaced the whole section and it will have to be taken completely apart and rebuilt. That’s a weeks worth of work down the tube.

We also had some bad erosion in our driveway.

I don’t know why my pictures always post sideways. They are right side up when I post them.
Trust, but verify. Russian proverb

Ravenwood1950

« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2020, 05:56:34 PM »
I am fine in my area, just standing water in low spots.
Ravenwood

Abigayle

« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2020, 08:20:04 PM »
Benny, you lake looks really beautiful, right up till you share the pictures of the water up to the house.  So sorry you did all that work in vane!
Ariel

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal