Author Topic: Thought you might like...  (Read 842 times)

Ravenwood1950

Thought you might like...
« on: April 16, 2020, 09:57:03 AM »
to see what it is that I am stitching on when I say "I am going to work on my sampler". This is done on 40 count Weeks Dye Works Parchment Linen.
The verse is over 1 thread folks, talk about fussy stitching. I still have a bit to go but am in the home stretch. Thank goodness for my needlework as
it really takes my mind off of the challenges of these times.
Ravenwood

bountyhunter

Re: Thought you might like...
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2020, 09:59:36 AM »
That is some nice work Ravenwood, you are definitely talented.....
Watch your six!
ARRL VE
W5YI VE
Ham Radio General
Region 4 Moderator
US NAVY (RET)
"Never miss the opportunity to train"

Starlady

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2020, 10:27:46 AM »
Wow, that's awesome work, Ravenwood!  Next time we get together, I'll bring a bunch of kits I inherited from an aunt.  They are super old and I've pulled out the ones I'll want (backyard ducks, chickens, flowers, etc) and you can see if you'd be interested in any of them.

Here's my Covid-19 project, I've just turned the heel on this 2nd sock, bottom left - working on the gusset now and then comes the homestretch down the foot.  I love socks.  Just about the time you get bored with knitting around & around it's time for the heel & gusset, then more around & around till you hit the toe.  Of course, it's not boring if you put a pattern in but these are work socks with leftover yarns. 
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein

Abigayle

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2020, 02:47:15 PM »
Ravenwood, I can't imagine how many hours you have spent, with great patience to produce this amazing work.  Not only is it a lost art, but one that takes years of practice.  Thanks for sharing this beautiful work of love.  It looks like it should be under glass, in a museum.
Star Lady, I learned to knit late in life.  My aunt was extremely talented, but I was too young to gain much from her knowledge.  I would love to make socks!  So far, I have made lots of scarves and hats.  I am not good with a group of needles, so I make little hats and give them to mothers, who have babies and are out in the cold with no hat on their heads.
My mother was an interior designer, and floral designer, over the years.  I had to teach myself pretty much everything remotely related to being domestic.  I envy the skills you both have developed to produce such great work!

ChristianJ

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2020, 06:45:29 PM »
This is amazing! I especially like the King James style font.
Christian pastor & theologian

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal